When can I have my share?

Started by klondike, April 18, 2023, 01:13:22 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Labour plans to give young asylum-seekers in Wales £1,600 a MONTH and taxpayers' cash to fight deportation
Three Welsh Labour ministers have sent the ambitious scheme to Whitehall

Labour ministers in Wales have announced plans that could see young asylum seekers in the country receive £1,600 a month and taxpayers' cash for legal aid to fight deportation.

The plan, which has been formally sent to Tory Justice Minister Lord Bellamy, is still in the development stage and would need Whitehall approval to go ahead.

Three Welsh Labour ministers - Jane Hutt, Julie Morgan and Mick Antoniw - are signatories of the letter, which demands that all migrants aged 18 and over should get universal basic income without being deprived of legal aid.

The UK Government spends around £6million a day accommodating migrants across the country in hotels, former military bases and barges.

Under the Welsh plan, the Government would provide migrants with both a wage and their lawyers' fees to stop them being deported, reports The Sun.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11984619/Labour-plans-young-asylum-seekers-Wales-1-600-MONTH-cash-fight-deportation.html

Raven

:wtf: I don't get that amount of money a month, AND I paid in all my working life. Blooming cheek of it.  :boo: 

Alex

Labour again, that's why I'll never vote for them. :boo:  :boo:  :boo:

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Jacqueline

God help us all if Labour wins the next General Election, they would do just the same for the lot of them in England, never mind about detering them, it won't be thousands it will be millions of the buggers rocking up on our shores to get their £1600 a month plus legal aid and a nice comfy hotel room with three meals a day, what a life eah? 

Where do I apply? paint my face with boot polish, me no speakie English, me want asylum, me run from war, me come over on a dinghy!  me want money, me want house, you give it all to me!!! 

As much as I love living in Wales, we are ruled by bloody labour lunatics and anyone who voted for them is as bad.  Country of sanctuary be damned, if the Welsh lot give them all that money they will come over here from England in their hoards to claim asylum here instead.

Diasi

That's absolutely scandalous, it's more than a retired couple on full Pension Credit would get.  :wtf: :yell:

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Someone in the Welsh Parliament has put the kibosh on this idea, I missed who it was on the radio.

klondike

Possibly it was the one whose turn it was with the brain cell today.