I have given up..

Started by Scrumpy, April 18, 2023, 12:56:19 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

... I will not be voting.. In the local or general elections..

Pissed off with the lot of them.. They seem to be looking after themselves.. Not the people or the country.. 
They are greedy .. They are liars.. Conservatives , left to their own stupidity, have managed to destroy the party..

Labour must be laughing all the way to the ballot boxes.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

I don't think I'll bother either Scrumpy. Politically homeless.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

Make that 3 of us. Fed up to the back teeth with Politics and the Scunners who let us down time after time.  :yell:

I see the police have arrested another SNP member in their investigation.

BBC News - Colin Beattie: Police arrest SNP treasurer in finance probe
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65309791

dextrous63

Got a hypothetical question.  If absolutely zero people voted, then what would happen since nobody would have a mandate to take up a seat?

Alex

I'm politically homeless too, but I will vote - for Reform.   Just think of the hundreds of thousands of people thinking the same as Scrumpy, GM and Raven.  If they all voted Reform, perhaps there'd be a chance for change ? lets face it they can't do any worse than the Tories and voting Labour is unthinkable.

klondike

I'll vote for Reform too but considering the effect on the money markets of Truss/Kwarteng deciding to increase tax less than had been planned  I imagine there would be batshit crazy stuff happening should they actually get enough seats to to form a government and that would before they did or actually did anything.

It's only locals anyway and I'm not even sure we have any here - no leaflets that I've noticed. I suppose I should check but I really CBA as none of it means anything anyway.

April 18, 2023, 03:11:01 PM
Quote from: dextrous63 on April 18, 2023, 01:33:00 PMGot a hypothetical question.  If absolutely zero people voted, then what would happen since nobody would have a mandate to take up a seat?
Not possible. A minimum number of  votes would  the number candidates apart from those too stupid to remember to or figure out how to. Errmm - yes then I guess it is possible. Sorry.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on April 18, 2023, 03:07:08 PMI'll vote for Reform too but considering the effect on the money markets of Truss/Kwarteng deciding to increase tax less than had been planned  I imagine there would be batshit crazy stuff happening should they actually get enough seats to to form a government and that would before they did or actually did anything.

Your right, the financial measures put in place by Truss & Kwarteng were completely workable.

It was the money men who stirred up a deliberate financial crisis in order to get her out & Sunak in.

Simple as that.

Reform would suffer the same fate but I will still vote for them
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on April 18, 2023, 01:37:27 PMI'm politically homeless too, but I will vote - for Reform.  Just think of the hundreds of thousands of people thinking the same as Scrumpy, GM and Raven.  If they all voted Reform, perhaps there'd be a chance for change ? lets face it they can't do any worse than the Tories and voting Labour is unthinkable.
We're unlikely to have a Reform candidate in the locals, but if one stands in the GE, on second thoughts I'd consider it.  OH would vote Reform.  We are likely to get a Green councillor, but the GE is usually a shoe in for Labour since our ward boundaries were changed,
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on April 18, 2023, 04:13:15 PMYour right, the financial measures put in place by Truss & Kwarteng were completely workable.

It was the money men who stirred up a deliberate financial crisis in order to get her out & Sunak in.

Simple as that.

Reform would suffer the same fate but I will still vote for them

Soros said 'sell the £' they did. Truss and Kwarteng gone (his undemocratic aim) they were told the opposite and the 'recovery' was shouted from the rooftops. The BBC said the 'markets have spoken', when in reality the WEF had used its insidious membership to rig the scene. With the aid of a few Hedge Fund managers and traders influencing the £'s travels they completely overthrew a democratically elected PM.

And Sunak is one of them ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...