The new normal

Started by klondike, December 20, 2022, 09:49:44 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Record Levels of Immigration Will Be New Normal for UK Says Report

The United Kingdom has seen an all-time-record year for immigration, yet the country should prepare for these previously unseen levels of arrivals to become the new normal because of the country's "ageing population" and "skills shortages", a think tank has urged.

"Britain's ageing population and skills shortages will mean the country has an ongoing demand for migrant workers", the Social Market Foundation (SMF) think tank has said, saying the country should prepare itself to make this year's historically high levels of immigration the new normal. In all, the body said, the country needs to be "better prepared for an era of high migration flows" in a report which namechecked Brexit pioneer Nigel Farage as a particular obstacle to their progress.

Responding, Mr Farage told Breitbart that if anyone thought that Britons could be stopped from discussing mass migration critically, they would be proved quite wrong.

Full story https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/12/20/record-levels-of-immigration-will-be-new-normal-for-uk-says-report/

Alex

How do those in power not see what has happened to Sweden and France too  ? I find the thought of this "new normal" frightening.

JBR

If I were young, I too would find this frightening.
As it is, I find it sad that our country is throwing itself into the toilet.
Not the general populace, of course.  This is our unbelievably weak government.
I read only this morning in the Telegraph that Denmark is sending their illegal immigrants away to third-world countries (though I didn't read any details of exactly which ones).  The point is that they seem able to do it but, for some reason, the usual suspects in this country keep assuring us that we cannot do such a thing.
If we had a strong, pro-British government, they would have the balls to stand up to the apologists and do what Denmark is doing.
The Conservatives are obviously incapable of that and I'm sure that Labour would be even worse and, in fact, would want to welcome even more into our country.
I have said before: we get what we vote for, and what we deserve!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

but there is nobody else for whom we can vote! Our electoral system - just like that of the USA offers the choice of Tweedle-dee or Tweedledumb - nowt else - so it's a case. and has been for many years, of voting for the less worse, and at the moment, in spite of their almost total incompetence, I regard that as the Tories.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Jacqueline

In Paris a 69 year old man went out on a shooting spree and has killed three Kurds and injured four others, it's a change from the other way around the muslims attacking the French people.  But my question here is, the immigrants out on the streets protesting that this has happened, where were they when the boot was on the other foot with Charlie Hebdo murders and other muslim terrorist murders, they were very quiet until it happened to them.  

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

I'd like to read about the backgrounds of the Social Market Foundation members.

Also probably very few of us would complain if the 40,000 immigrants were nurses, GPs & hospital consultants, but I very much doubt that they are.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Jacqueline

I very much doubt they are employable, if they did have medical qualifications or any sort of useful qualifications come to that, they would have been able to get here legally as there is a Skilled Worker route into the UK.

klondike

Quote from: Michael Rolls on December 24, 2022, 11:20:15 AMvoting for the less worse, and at the moment, in spite of their almost total incompetence, I regard that as the Tories.
Mike