Great news.

Started by Scrumpy, November 30, 2022, 09:26:14 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Major trial on the drug Lecanemab in slowing down the progression of Alzheimer's..

Wouldn't that be wonderful  !! .. Alzheimer's affects so many.. 
So very sad it must be to see someone you love to not remember who you are..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I think that's the one most fear the most. I certainly wouldn't want to end my days that way. When I "lose a word" or do any of the many other stupid things that I seem to occasionally it gives me concern. Hopefully the odd puzzle like Wordle may help but I've no real idea if they do. 

Actually I wouldn't want to be in a nursing home for any reason come to that. 

Michael Rolls

A friend, ten years younger than myself, has been effectively a vegetable - cared for by his devoted wife - for something like seven years now, having spent three years before that with what I suppose one would describe as a personality disorder - and forty years ago we worked for the same authority and he was one of the brightest blokes I have ever known.
Like Klondike, every time I lose a word or the like, I start to worry.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on November 30, 2022, 10:33:10 AMA friend, ten years younger than myself, has been effectively a vegetable - cared for by his devoted wife - for something like seven years now, having spent three years before that with what I suppose one would describe as a personality disorder - and forty years ago we worked for the same authority and he was one of the brightest blokes I have ever known.
Like Klondike, every time I lose a word or the like, I start to worry.
Mike
Same with me when I suddenly forget the name of a well known person, as I do from time to time.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Trying to remember a face, place or name happens to many.. whatever their age..
Standing on the landing wondering why we are there.. looking in the cupboard/ fridge/ oven wondering why.. Nothing new there..  The difference is we know we are doing it and can smile to ourselves.. Alzheimer's doesn't allow you to correct your mistakes..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Jacqueline

Yes that is the difference Scrumpy, we know that we are having a memory lapse, poor souls with Altzheimer's don't. 

klondike

Me included. It is just a little reassuring though.