Before Mobiles.

Started by Raven, January 31, 2023, 11:20:56 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

It was before folk started suing organisations for injuries sustained...

Children's playgrounds these days look distinctly tame compared to those of my youth.
Anybody remember these. One of my favourites. Probably helped to improve the gene pool.

We had one of those roundabouts in the background too. All on proper tarmac not that wimpy rubberised stuff they have now.

1955vintage

Those were the days when each knee took it in turns to have a large scab ready to pick.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Scrumpy

We hung on for dear life.. The boys would try desperately hard to throw us off..
We knew a boy liked us if he spun us too fast on the roundabout..

February 02, 2023, 11:20:01 AM
Who's watching the baby in the pram.. !!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I reckon that's the mum looking at the "Jazzer". Probably another sprog on it.  What were they called in your parts? I doubt it was the same.

Raven

It was called "The Piler" in these parts. Had to watch where you sat too, or your head could clonk off the top bar.

Scrumpy

We had a round-a-bout.. with just bars to hold on to..  We had the the big rocker.. where people almost sat on top of one another just like the picture.. We stood up and just hung on..  No soft landing.. 

Never heard of the word  'Jazzer'..
We have never used the word 'Sprog' in these parts either..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

We have never used the word 'Sprog' in these parts either..

Probably too posh  :grin:

GrannyMac

Quote from: Raven on February 02, 2023, 12:47:21 PMIt was called "The Piler" in these parts. Had to watch where you sat too, or your head could clonk off the top bar.
That sounds about right!  It would be piled up with bairns!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

I remember those swings too, can't remember what we called it though.
I was a bit of a wimp as I'd wait for the ' big boys' to clear off before I'd have a go. :grin: