The first thing..

Started by Scrumpy, February 01, 2023, 07:07:37 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

.. a man thinks about.. !!

My brother in law has been a widower for many years..
He married my older sister Marion and was very happy..
A couple of weeks ago he went on an organised coach trip..
Off he went .. just a little old grey haired man leaning on a walking stick.. His boys told him to 'take car'.. ' remember to take your tablets'...  
He came back with a smile on his face.. very happy and looking ten years younger.. He is in his late eighties.
 What was the reason.. !! He had met a woman..  
He was telling us about her and showed us pics of them together.. 
She looked, as I would imagine my sister might look in her later years.. Just a regular lady.. 
They have booked another coach trip together..
When talking about it he said that he was happy.. had something to look forward to.. 
Then he said.  ' And I won't have to pay a single supplement for a room.'  :grin: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

Aah, that's lovely.  I'm pleased that he has a smile on his face.  :clap:

Jacqueline

Good for him, it's nice that he has found a companion at his time of life.

I don't want to rain on his parade, but please do tell him to be careful.  My ex brother in law married a gold digger who inherited the lot, leaving his children with nothing.  My sister in laws's father married a gold digger, they even had a pre nup agreement that his house would go to the daughters, but the wife took it to court to have it overturned after he went (she wasn't hard up herself), the girls did win eventually but it took it's toll on them.

Alex

Good luck to him Scrumpy, everyone needs something to look forward to.  :upvote:

Scrumpy

She is definitely not a gold digger Jacqueline... He doesn't have two pennies to rub together..  not even a private pension... 
And he takes Gaviscon..  :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..