p*ss up at the brewery..

Started by Scrumpy, May 13, 2022, 10:55:01 AM

« previous - next »

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on May 16, 2022, 06:07:55 PM
Alcohol tolerance falls off with age and lack of practice. I rarely drink now.

I'm sure your right. Many decades ago when I played cricket, I met a man who was truly an International genius at the game, he later went on to distinguish himself for his country. Before I left the UK, we met up for a 'pint or two'. He amazed me, at only a year my junior he quaffed at the same level as we'd done in our twenties. Twelve pints each, when I gave up. Boy did I feel terrible the next morning. It took me a week to fully recover and I don't remember the three hour train journey back the next day at all. My compatriot does this at least twice a week! He's far fitter and healthier than me and looks twenty years younger!

I should add I rarely drink, not because I'm against it, but I don't like what it does to me these days ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Quote from: Cassandra on May 16, 2022, 06:20:27 PM
I'm sure your right. Many decades ago when I played cricket, I met a man who was truly an International genius at the game, he later went on to distinguish himself for his country. Before I left the UK, we met up for a 'pint or two'. He amazed me, at only a year my junior he quaffed at the same level as we'd done in our twenties. Twelve pints each, when I gave up. Boy did I feel terrible the next morning. It took me a week to fully recover and I don't remember the three hour train journey back the next day at all. My compatriot does this at least twice a week! He's far fitter and healthier than me and looks twenty years younger!

I should add I rarely drink, not because I'm against it, but I don't like what it does to me these days ...

My compatriot does this at least twice a week  ! He's far fitter and healthier than me and looks twenty years younger..!

Being well pickled is known to preserve the contents. :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on May 16, 2022, 07:18:10 PM

My compatriot does this at least twice a week  ! He's far fitter and healthier than me and looks twenty years younger..!

Being well pickled is known to preserve the contents. :grin:

Almost exactly his wife's comment too!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

Hmmm. If it's that good for your health we should maybe get it on prescription.  :?:

Michael Rolls

Quote from: klondike on May 16, 2022, 08:02:56 PM
Hmmm. If it's that good for your health we should maybe get it on prescription.  :?:
Don't laugh. Our geriatrician, Dr. (on second thoughts, I have deleted his name), was a Muslim and, naturally did not  drink. One of his patients, an elderly lady, suffered from DTs and the nursing staff told him she really needed a hair of the dog, so he prescribed gin - 10 ccs of it! I guess it's the thought that counts!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Good job she was old enough to get free prescriptions....   :smiley:

Michael Rolls

Quote from: klondike on May 16, 2022, 09:44:44 PM
Good job she was old enough to get free prescriptions....   :smiley:
[2090]
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Everyone is beautiful through the eyes of a drunk person..
Many ( not so beautiful) people have been told this..  :smiley:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike