Muslim War Memorial

Started by Alex, March 08, 2024, 05:01:23 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Our friend Mr Hunt has shown poor judgement in finding a million pounds from somewhere to pay for a memorial to muslims who died in the First and II World Wars.

Why should muslims be singled out for a memorial, when surely the Cenotaph represents ALL soldiers who fell defending UK ? THere were also tens of thousands of muslims who fought alongside the Nazis in WWII

Is there a memorial for the Gurkhas ? I really don't know, but maybe someone does. 

klondike

I have no idea why he did this. It seems to me to simply be divisive. Where is the Hindu memorial? The Buddhist memorial? The pagan memorial? The atheist memorial? The Catholic memorial? The Jehovah's Witnesses memorial? The Jainism memorial? etc. etc.

GrannyMac

Very divisive IMO.  These politicians really don't get it!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Actually, I have a perfect explanation why Idiot Hunt has chosen to do this in singling out muslims.

Perhaps, though, he is not so idiotic as I have suggested.  Like many people (and I'm sure most people in Londonistan) he is fully aware of the growth of Islam in Britain, actually in England mainly, that he knows what is coming to this poor beleaguered country and is making necessary provisions to save his own neck!  😮 😢
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

It could be money well spent at the next General Election.

He's probably banking on Labour kicking up a stink about it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

I agree that it's most likely a cynical political move.  There's no way they give a flying fig about Muslims who died in the wars.

klondike

I guess there is a clue why given his job of being a politician.

muddy

How much more muslim @rse licking can there be? 

dextrous63

I've posted before that I think that this sort of stuff is in contravention of our (the indigenous population's) rights.

Ashy

This is probably an ingenuous ploy to take our attention away from 1.6 billion in energy taxes or something equally vile.

JBR

All this applauding muslims by politicians.  I wonder why.
Perhaps they can see the future and are becoming a little worried for themselves.

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on March 09, 2024, 11:35:55 AMAll this applauding muslims by politicians.  I wonder why.
Perhaps they can see the future and are becoming a little worried for themselves.
If they actually dealt with the problem, then they wouldn't have to worry about the future.

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on March 09, 2024, 03:28:54 PMIf they actually dealt with the problem, then they wouldn't have to worry about the future.
A bit too late now.  Politicians are not very good at looking ahead.