Net Zero cost

Started by klondike, March 07, 2024, 10:15:10 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

dextrous63

There is some suggestion that several more Tory MP's may defect to Reform.  All very nice, but let's not forget that these are the same people who created the problem by supporting their party in the first place.

klondike

There are 300 odd (very in some cases) politicians sitting as conservatives. I don't think we can blame the possibly half dozen or so that support conservative ideas for the shit show the others have produced.

Ashy

Only about a third of the governing party's MPs have any significant input into government, and those that do are in competition with the civil service. Back benchers are despised as much as the general public, and of course the  "loyal opposition" are as much use as a doorknob in a volcano.

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on March 14, 2024, 08:16:59 PMThere are 300 odd (very in some cases) politicians sitting as conservatives. I don't think we can blame the possibly half dozen or so that support conservative ideas for the shit show the others have produced.

One Nation, wet windbag, snowflake, virtue signalling, EU, woke loving Liberal Democrat fifth columnists.

Another of them we hear has bitten the dust just now and chucked in the towel. One of the biggest bloody remainers that Malcontent May ever sucked up off the sediment in her private sewer, 'Brandon Lewis'.

March 14, 2024, 08:49:46 PM
Quote from: Ashy on March 14, 2024, 08:39:59 PMOnly about a third of the governing party's MPs have any significant input into government, and those that do are in competition with the civil service. Back benchers are despised as much as the general public, and of course the  "loyal opposition" are as much use as a doorknob in a volcano.

Hear, Hear,  a right handbrakes on a Canoe - Diane Abbot!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: klondike on March 14, 2024, 08:16:59 PMThere are 300 odd (very in some cases) politicians sitting as conservatives. I don't think we can blame the possibly half dozen or so that support conservative ideas for the shit show the others have produced.
Good heavens!  As few as that?  

At a rough, uneducated guess, I'd have thought the Conservatives are now about half and half Conservatives v. Liberals, though perhaps I have been over-optimistic.

It's even worse than I thought, and on that basis I'm quite relieved that the Tories will be out this year.

Of course, ideally I'd like to see Reform elected to government, but unfortunately most voters take many, many years to change their established leanings!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

It could be more than half a dozen I suppose but I doubt the innumerate would need to take both socks off to count them all.

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on March 14, 2024, 10:58:58 PMIt could be more than half a dozen I suppose but I doubt the innumerate would need to take both socks off to count them all.
There's a Douglas Bader joke for the taking there, somewhere😉

klondike

Cassandra

Quote from: dextrous63 on March 15, 2024, 12:11:03 AMThere's a Douglas Bader joke for the taking there, somewhere😉

Yes, very good observation  :grin:
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...