Budget

Started by klondike, March 06, 2024, 09:34:54 AM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on March 06, 2024, 07:13:23 PMWhat about his opening statement and one million pounds allocation  ?????
Nigel Farage mentioned it, he wasn't impressed either.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Quote from: Diasi on March 06, 2024, 07:37:20 PMWell we've had the Triple Lock this year.

Have we.!!   That shows how thick I am..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

We got it this year and it is a done deal for 2024/5

You should have had or be getting a letter saying what you will get for 2024/5. There are various lines of text and numbers which I think get drawn from a hat and another at the bottom which is what you will actually get but not necessarily in the first payment which might be part paid at this years rate.

GrannyMac

We've both had ours.  Maybe they're working North to South Scrumpy 😉

klondike

I read that Hunt is talking about scrapping NI completely. Doubtless it would just be combined with income tax. Does he hate pensioners?

JBR

Quote from: klondike on March 07, 2024, 11:08:20 AMI read that Hunt is talking about scrapping NI completely. Doubtless it would just be combined with income tax. Does he hate pensioners?
On the news this morning: no reduction of NI this year.
Then, of course, they can pass the buck to Labour.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Quote from: JBR on March 07, 2024, 11:13:02 AMOn the news this morning: no reduction of NI this year.
Then, of course, they can pass the buck to Labour.

This says they are

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/spring-budget-2024-personal-tax-factsheet/spring-budget-2024-personal-tax-factsheet

The government is cutting the main rate of employee National Insurance by 2p from 10% to 8% from 6 April 2024.

Cassandra

He could always return to the family Motel Business!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: klondike on March 07, 2024, 11:33:09 AMThis says they are

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/spring-budget-2024-personal-tax-factsheet/spring-budget-2024-personal-tax-factsheet

The government is cutting the main rate of employee National Insurance by 2p from 10% to 8% from 6 April 2024.
We shall have to wait and see when the next general election will be called.
My guess is that the Tories will be out before any changes are made to NI.
Then we'll see what Labour have to say about it.

I wondered why Jeremy Hunt was standing with a broad smile on his face when he held up his red case.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

Quote from: Cassandra on March 08, 2024, 04:38:12 PMHe could always return to the family Motel Business!
I knew he reminded me of someone!  :grin:

klondike

Quote from: JBR on March 08, 2024, 05:54:59 PMMy guess is that the Tories will be out before any changes are made to NI.
The changes are effective from  this April as it says on the government web site which I linked to and quoted.

It you mean his aim to abolish it entirely then that almost certainly won't be happening.