Talk TV

Started by Alex, March 05, 2024, 07:55:12 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Rupert Murdoch's News UK on Tuesday confirmed that TalkTV will shut down its terrestrial channel, and will move to streaming-only from early summer. It comes after it struggled to attract audiences and was eclipsed by fellow opinion-led upstart broadcaster GB News. oops

Raven

There's so many News Channels, how do you choose what one to watch. 🤷

Alex

BBC, Sky News, Channel 4 News, ITV are all the same more or less, perhaps the BBC is the worst  :smiley:  Talk TV  GB News were less biased.   Then there's Al Jazeera which gives you non stop Palestinian propaganda.

klondike

I'm guessing that now streaming is viable in most places broadcast TV and satellite especially are yesterday's technologies and will go the way of tapes. I read a bit about GBNews and it is running a big defecit (£40m or thereabouts last year). 

JBR

Quote from: Raven on March 05, 2024, 08:04:27 PMThere's so many News Channels, how do you choose what one to watch. 🤷
By trial and error.
I have watched several, in fact all that can be viewed on the telly or online.
In my opinion, the best is GB News.
The worst... yes of course, BBC News.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

We usually just watch STV News at Six. Mostly Scottish but if it's a really big story then a bit of what's happening in England or Wales.

GrannyMac

OH prefers GB news these days, so I watch by default.  I know we need to be aware, but there's so much we can't do anything about, some days I just don't want to hear yet more negativity.  I can read it online if I want.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I don't watch any live TV. All I watch on catchup is Farage. It all get a bit samey TBH and there is nothing we can do about it. I do read some news from several web sites. All rather depressing really.

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on March 07, 2024, 10:07:12 AMOH prefers GB news these days, so I watch by default.  I know we need to be aware, but there's so much we can't do anything about, some days I just don't want to hear yet more negativity.  I can read it online if I want.
I'm watching less & less news too.

The bit that annoys me at present are the absolute tossers who say the all the stabbings are not related to children not being disciplined.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

You should realise that the vast majority of difficult children in fact do grow up. Unfortunately it is often into bloody impossible adults.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on March 07, 2024, 01:44:01 PMYou should realise that the vast majority of difficult children in fact do grow up. Unfortunately it is often into bloody impossible adults.
It's hardly surprising, though.
The police seem to be uninterested unless, possibly, a murder has been committed.
Then the courts don't like putting criminals away these days and offering 'advice' instead.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire