Deep Heat

Started by Alex, March 03, 2024, 01:14:15 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Dear European Women everywhere,

You may have noticed that our City Streets everywhere are becoming unsafer by the day. 

Pepper-Spray is illegal.  This isn't, a mini can will fit snugly inside your handbag.

GrannyMac

Ooh, that would do the trick! If I could remember where in my handbag I put it. 🫣
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Find it.. take the lid off.. Too late.. !!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

A key makes agood weapon. Best bet is to avoid places where you might need a weapon.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on March 03, 2024, 01:14:15 AMDear European Women everywhere,

You may have noticed that our City Streets everywhere are becoming unsafer by the day. 

Pepper-Spray is illegal.  This isn't, a mini can will fit snugly inside your handbag.

Presumably, this has similar effects to pepper spray?
If so, what would happen if you are found with it by the police?
We all know that our brave police are far more likely to question an inoffensive little woman than a hulking great bloke with a mask on.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

I avoid (funny) areas and wouldn't dream of going out at night on my own..
When we visit Brighton there are usually a few of us..
There are places in my local park that are a little isolated.. A few years back they would never bother me.. But now, I wouldn't venture there..
We don't hear about stabbings.. or rapes.. 
The only thing I have come across is a guy stepping out of the ferns to show me his willy.. :nooo: Nothing to brag about...

Alex

I avoid dodgy places too, the only ones that bother me are car parks.   Not so easy for young women who are working and have a social life though  :cool:

ansu

Since I have problems with my eyes I don't go out anymore when it's dark. When I was younger I took a taxi - one of my neighbours once told me that nowadays it doesn't make any  difference whether you are a male or a female if someone needs money for drugs for instance. 

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on March 03, 2024, 11:49:22 AMPresumably, this has similar effects to pepper spray?
If so, what would happen if you are found with it by the police?
We all know that our brave police are far more likely to question an inoffensive little woman than a hulking great bloke with a mask on.
This is widely recommended on a few tactical flashlight forum self-defence threads & is what I'm getting to go with the Nitecore P35i flashlight which has an LED flood & an LEP (laser) spot.

It's not illegal to carry in public as you never know when your knee will play up.

Hopefully Cassandra will elaborate, but the law allows for 'instant arming' which means that a person can use whatever comes to hand in order to defend themselves but they can't carry an item for the sole purpose of self defence on the basis that they may be attacked.

This is a classic example of the sheer stupidity of the UK legal system in relation to self defence.

The CPS also states that a person doesn't have to wait to be attacked, they can use force if they think that they are likely to be attacked.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on March 03, 2024, 07:26:38 PMThis is widely recommended on a few tactical flashlight forum self-defence threads & is what I'm getting to go with the Nitecore P35i flashlight which has an LED flood & an LEP (laser) spot.

It's not illegal to carry in public as you never know when your knee will play up.

Hopefully Cassandra will elaborate, but the law allows for 'instant arming' which means that a person can use whatever comes to hand in order to defend themselves but they can't carry an item for the sole purpose of self defence on the basis that they may be attacked.

This is a classic example of the sheer stupidity of the UK legal system in relation to self defence.

The CPS also states that a person doesn't have to wait to be attacked, they can use force if they think that they are likely to be attacked.

I've mounted this defence on a few occasions, including once at the suggestion of a Police Officer giving evidence for the 'Prosecution'! Ostensively whatever the 'object' adopted is, it needs to be substantially constructed for a purpose not intended as a 'stand in' weapon.

I remember one client who was 'a gentleman of character', as I described him to the beak. He was a rather grumpy and eccentric 'Farmer' who carried and had for at least twenty years, a broadly constructed 'walking stick'. This was to aid his arthritic hip when strolling on 'his' land. The Prosecution counsel insisted on calling it a 'Knobkerrie' and we almost had a trial within a trial defining what indeed a 'knobkerrie' was. I objected every time he insisted on this terminology explaining to his goodness that the term was used by the Prosecution to cloud my client's image. Likening him to a Zulu warrior pre-armed to hunt the beasts of the Serengheti.

Two 'experiments' in human reproduction (waste of life brats) had decided to wantonly attack Mr. Grumpy whilst on his regular evening walk, to check his field gates were closed. They rode past him on their 'trials bike' whacking him the while with a motor cycle chain. Grumpy utilised his 'stick' with forceful adaption, skilfully poking it through the forks of the said machine. This accomplishment  converted  shitbag 2 on the rear to that of a virtual projectile, breaking it's collarbone in the parabola he described prior to landing from the forceful change of physics Grumpy had caused. Shitbag 1 - the pilot, had a shorter and more severe journey to unconsciousness. A helpful family of holidaying Guardian reading didactics ('illegally' camping on 'Grumpy's' patch): testified that he'd savagely with aforethought and planning caused the 'jolly antics' of said little luvvies to be ended in a cruel way for trespassing. The Prosecution summarily insisted that said motor cycle chain was nothing more than a 'useful spare, when our winsome pair were 'off-roading'. I pointed out that in actuality it was from a 1959 Norton Dominator adding, 'I suppose in the interests of adaptive engineering challenge'.

What this was really all about was whether either the 'knobkerrie', or said Bike chain were instruments of 'Instant Arming'. The Jurors were treated to a highly amusing instruction on the law via the Beak on the niceties of 'Instant Arming' i.e. carrying an item with pre-planned criminal intent, versus defensive adoption through unknown circumstance . 'Grumpy' was very shortly declared a 'free man' and all charges were dropped. A substantial sum was granted by 'sir' for a picnic (costs for said rubbish ever getting to court).

I'd proven that more people carried walking sticks as an aid for proven arthritis than those carrying motor cycle chains from antique motor bikes as apparent spare parts of impossible adaption.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on March 03, 2024, 11:55:16 PMI've mounted this defence on a few occasions, including once at the suggestion of a Police Officer giving evidence for the 'Prosecution'! Ostensively whatever the 'object' adopted is, it needs to be substantially constructed for a purpose not intended as a 'stand in' weapon.
I find it an interesting subject which I study as much as possible & there's a site where numerous cases of R v A N Other cases of instant arming are listed, along with the outcomes.

What amuses me is the fact that my 48cm long 6 D cell Maglite, minus its batteries, weighs 400 grams & a mischievous prosecutor could argue that by removing the batteries I've changed it's function from that of a torch to that of a cosh.

Therefore, to comply with the law my torch, in order for it to function as a torch & not to be able to be suggested as anything other than a torch, has to include its 6 D cell batteries which increases its weight from 400 grams to 1.25 kilograms, with the accompanying whack across the head having a far greater force.

IPSO facto, the law requires me to batter an intruder / attacker with a force of 1.25 kilograms & not 400 grams.

Lol.  :grin:

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

:grin: :grin: :grin:
Cassandra... How I love your description of the 'Waste of life brats'  
 'Shit bag 1'  Your threads are a delight to read.. 
Wouldn't you just loved to have used those words in the courtroom.. !

We used to say  'Shit bag' at school.. I think I was twelve at the time..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 04, 2024, 09:41:14 AM:grin: :grin: :grin:
Cassandra... How I love your description of the 'Waste of life brats' 
 'Shit bag 1'  Your threads are a delight to read..
Wouldn't you just loved to have used those words in the courtroom.. !

We used to say  'Shit bag' at school.. I think I was twelve at the time..

I reckon that Cassandra's enjoying being able to vent all the frustration that must have built up over his years of having to obey courtroom protocol. Lol  :grin:
[email protected]

JBR

Cassandra, should I ever find myself in court for any such similar trumped up 'crime', I'd dearly love it if you could cross the Atlantic for a few days and represent my defence!

I'm afraid that, from what I read, our judicial system today is not exactly what I feel I could rely on.  Apart from anything else, they seem to let every proven criminal off with a 'slapped wrist' rather than use our apparently overcrowded prisons.

I must equip myself with a stout walking stick,
or perhaps a bicycle chain.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire