Disgraceful scene in Chorley

Started by muddy, February 29, 2024, 08:46:00 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

How long ago was that Rivers of Blood speech?

It's not as if we were unaware of the possibility.

Ashy

The late Mr Powell made that speech in 1968 and that was about the influx of West Indians to the midland towns, a few years before the Asian refugees arrived from Africa. This was still quite some time before the moslem hordes arrived, for example the London Central Mosque opened in 1977.

Cassandra

Full text attached here, it is becoming increasingly difficult to find these days - I wonder why ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Thanks Cassandra.  A bit late tonight and I have some work to finish as well.  However, I have downloaded it and will read it tomorrow.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Thanks Cass, I'll have a look at that tomorrow . :upvote:

JBR

I have now read this attachment and find it very interesting, although I am pretty much already aware of what has happened since.
This was in 1968, the year in which I first began work.
As we probably all know, the first invaders were the West Indians and, in some particular places, they soon increased in number resulting in people like the old lady mentioned personally giving up all hope.

Then came the 'Stanis' (first four letters deleted as they are now seen as racist).
This was what first influenced the area in which we lived then, rather than West Indians.  My dad had an off-licence grocery shop.  On the next corner opened a small shop run by Stanis.  At the time, we were the only people in the area who had a telephone.  Consequently, the owners of the new shop asked nicely whether they could use our phone to make some orders.  Of course, my dad couldn't know what they were saying as they prattled on rapidly in their own language.  We found out later that they were ordering in everything which we sold.
Along with this came a rapid influx of more Stanis and, of course, as they took over my dad found a discernible lack of customers.  Not long afterward, we necessarily moved out.

Now,of course, we are facing even greater numbers of immigrants from... well, we don't know where most of them come from because they lose any papers and won't admit to their origin; simply claiming that they cannot go back because 'it is dangerous'.

Yes, of course, Enoch was absolutely correct in what he said, what he warned, all those years ago.
Even then, the word 'racist' was bandied about and the loss of free speech has developed further since.
The problem began, probably, because we had no idea how things would develop.  Many thought it quite harmless, and I'm sure some believed it would improve our traditional British culture.

I see no doubt today, absolutely no doubt, that the dangers are perfectly clear.
The difference now is that, as numbers have already increased beyond any reason, anyone supposedly in power in this country is probably afraid of offering any criticism or suggestion of what we really should now do.  I'm afraid I cannot now see any real solution, even though non-white people are (according to the news) still not a majority in the country as a whole.

If only people had listened to Enoch all those years ago.  Too late now!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire