Pharmacy rules

Started by klondike, February 23, 2024, 03:20:56 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Hopital opthalmology appointment. After the various tests I'm told to use some additional eyedrops, given a prescription and directed to the hospital pharmacy.

Get to pharmacy.
Sorry the pharmacist has just gone on lunch break. It will be about a half hour wait.
Can I just take the prescription to a chemists?
Sorry no it's an internal prescription.
Pause
I could sell you the medicine.
How much?
£6.49
I buy it and toddle off.

It wasn't till a bit later I realsised just how plain stupid this was. The assistant can sell it to me but to get the hospital internal prescription filled it has to be a pharmacist.  :rolleyes:

Scrumpy

Bloody stupid.. 
The parking charge is so high at our local hospital it is cheaper to pay for medication over the counter than wait for the pharmacist.. on some prescriptions..
They certainly seem to do all they can to make it hard for the patients..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

My car was in at the garage which is about the same walk to the hospital as it is from town. Normally I use the bus and walk as that's probably quicker than waiting for a connecting bus. It would be hard to work out the journey time with a change of bus too. I have walked from home in summer as a good chunk of it can be along the river.

JBR

We're lucky.  Our pharmacy is 10-15 minutes walk down the road, opposite the GP.
They also send an email when something I have requested (from the doctor) is ready.

When I have been to the MREH (the eye hospital), if any prescriptions are issued following a checkup, they are only obtainable from the hospital pharmacy.  The last time that was the case, I had to stand for over an hour, in a long queue, before I received my medication.  I did ask whether I could take the prescription to my local pharmacy - NO!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

The last time I was at the hospital I was having trouble paying the parking with my card..
The queue got longer.. A lady asked if she could help.. She too had trouble with my card..
We discovered that we had been trying to pay with my 
Co-op Membership card.. 

klondike

There are some things it's better not to admit....  :grin:

Alex

I'll admit to getting lost in IKEA this week. - twice.  We had to ask a young man to direct us to the exit.

Scrumpy

Ikea : A great place to take the children during half term..
Just leave them there for a few hours while you have coffee... and hope they find the exit..

1955vintage

ife found out Sainsburys card is useless for paying hospital car parking as well.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

JBR

Quote from: 1955vintage on February 24, 2024, 09:45:15 AMife found out Sainsburys card is useless for paying hospital car parking as well.
'ife'?
Did you mean to say 'the wife'?
A good Northerner.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ashy

A local furniture shop is advertising "no maze, no meatballs and no divorce".

ansu

IKEA - I watched a documentary on IKEA this week. It was quite interesting. I didn't know that they are the biggest "wood consumers" of the world. For the furniture sold on the European market they buy their wood  mainly in Poland and Roumania. In Roumania often illegal wood from nature parks and lately they are even buying forests. Their selling idea is to seduce people to change their furniture as often as they do with their clothes. 

Ashy

Quote from: ansu on February 29, 2024, 04:36:36 PMTheir selling idea is to seduce people to change their furniture as often as they do with their clothes. 
With Ikea furniture that's about what you have to do.

GrannyMac

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 24, 2024, 09:37:31 AMIkea : A great place to take the children during half term..
Just leave them there for a few hours while you have coffee... and hope they find the exit..
Naughty! 😁

March 05, 2024, 01:12:59 PM
Quote from: Alex on February 24, 2024, 08:39:29 AMI'll admit to getting lost in IKEA this week. - twice.  We had to ask a young man to direct us to the exit.
I'm sure they're designed like that! I can usually find the cafe though..☺️
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖