Security !!!

Started by Scrumpy, February 21, 2024, 09:33:51 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

What security.. !!

Heard on the tv today that thousands of illegals.. gangsters.. drug dealers .. and terrorists enter the UK without being checked at airports.. 
They head for our smaller airports..
 This will surely put the small boats out of business..  :wink:

A few weeks back a guy boarded one of our airlines headed for USA.. No ticket.. no passport..
He wasn't even checked.. 
He was checked at passport control in USA.. ..

Anything is possible if you have the nerve to carry it through..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 21, 2024, 09:33:51 AMWhat security.. !!

Heard on the tv today that thousands of illegals.. gangsters.. drug dealers .. and terrorists enter the UK without being checked at airports..
They head for our smaller airports..
 This will surely put the small boats out of business..  :wink:

A few weeks back a guy boarded one of our airlines headed for USA.. No ticket.. no passport..
He wasn't even checked..
He was checked at passport control in USA.. ..

Anything is possible if you have the nerve to carry it through..
Yes, I have heard about such things.
I'm afraid that this country has lost any pride in itself which it once had.  Anyone and everyone can come in, and does all the time.

I wonder what the future will bring when Labour gets in this year.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

Biometric ID cards! We need some official checking mechanism, and regular checks.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Only for us honkies though or there will be cries of outrage.

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on February 21, 2024, 03:33:34 PMBiometric ID cards! We need some official checking mechanism, and regular checks.
I agree, and have said for some time that we need them.  We are one of very few countries which, for some reason, don't require its people to carry ID to prove who they are.
We are allowing anyone and everyone to come here and take anything and everything we have.

Of course, with little or no active police, we have no means of checking on them anyway, so why bother? 🙄

klondike

Be handy for identifying all those bodies they keep finding in the Thames if folks were chipped like pets are.

muddy

I don't know how 
You have to show your passport and boarding pass several times including getting on the plane .

klondike

That's commercial airlines. The unchecked flights are private jets and private charters going into smaller airports although the leak said the London City airport wasn't checking all (any?) private jets either.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on February 21, 2024, 05:00:27 PMThat's commercial airlines. The unchecked flights are private jets and private charters going into smaller airports although the leak said the London City airport wasn't checking all (any?) private jets either.
Absolutely.  The newest outpouring on the news.  Yet another means of illegally entering the country.

Do we really have a government?  Do we have any security whatsoever?

Diasi

The only people who need to worry about the police are those who defend themselves in their own homes.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Don't get tempted to actually use that crossbow Phil.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on February 21, 2024, 08:47:02 PMDon't get tempted to actually use that crossbow Phil.
Joking apart, I have a longbow that I made years ago.  I must get the linseed oil out and make sure it's up to par.

Raven

Robin Hood Robin Hood riding through the Glen. Tra La. 🎶🎶🎵

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on February 21, 2024, 08:47:02 PMDon't get tempted to actually use that crossbow Phil.
I've not actually bought one yet as I'm still deliberating.

I have to be honest & say that the chances of me using it if someone did break in are extremely high.

The real point is what a state the UK is in when people of our age start to think about self defence in their home.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

My shotgun certificate finally got granted and I now have several but I won't be doing a Tony Martin and that's for sure.

It's not that long since the decorating last got done for one thing.