More Surgery for Dageus.

Started by Raven, February 14, 2024, 04:57:45 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Poor Guy is back on the Operating table next week  :cry: I am not happy about it as he's 12 years old and I worry about him going under at his age.
He developed what was thought to be a stye on his eyelid, it was tiny and not bothering him, then a few days ago it grew big, vet now thinks it's a tumor and it has to be removed. They are waiting for the Senior Vet to return from holiday that's why it's next week he goes in. It also makes me nervous that they are waiting for this vet to do the operation.

muddy

klondike

Hope he gets through this OK. I've no real knowledge of surgery on old dogs other than my neighbour's old greyhound who had cancer in a leg and had to have it removed which sounds pretty major to me. He survived the surgery and lasted quite a while after.

Raven

He was in a bad enough state when he got those 3 teeth out a while back, he wobbled for several days afterwards. I'm worried he won't wake up, you hear about this happening to old and big dogs, he's 6 stone 2 lbs, that's a lot of Anesthetic.

Alex

If they're waiting for the most senior vet to be back, then he'll be in good hands Raven  :upvote:   He'll come through ok, he's strong, fit and most importantly loved. 

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Ashy

Michael Rolls

all the best for you and Dageus, Raven
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Silver Tabby

Only just caught up with this - poor dadeus - hope he will be OK.