The Body Shop

Started by Alex, February 14, 2024, 10:26:46 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

I see the Body Shop is the latest High street firm to go bust, I don't think I'll miss it !  What's the saying, Go Woke Go Broke ? :grin: but I do feel sorry for the thousands who have lost their jobs.

Who will be next ?

GrannyMac

I liked some of their products. I used their lipsticks for years til they changed the format. They also stopped making different products, such as a face wash I'd bought regularly.  I found it on Amazon, but had to chuck it away because it smelt off, probably old stock.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

I have several of their own make of paddle brushes for long hair, They are the best ones I've ever used.

Scrumpy

Our Body Shop had been going down hill for many years..
It stayed open but never seemed to have any customers..
It took a long time to die.. then all of a sudden it was gone..
In its place is a sweet shop..full of many jars of sweets.. 
People don't go in there either..
They have just replaced one empty shop with another..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

The only think I really bought from there was White Musk perfume, which was lighter than the name suggests and great for everyday. 

Judd

Horrible shops. The stench of the perfumes in the place was overpowering and could give me headaches.
A Noble Spirit Embiggens The Smallest Man

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on February 14, 2024, 10:26:46 AMI see the Body Shop is the latest High street firm to go bust, I don't think I'll miss it !  What's the saying, Go Woke Go Broke ? :grin: but I do feel sorry for the thousands who have lost their jobs.

Who will be next ?
I don't think it will be Next, they seem to be doing ok & have weathered the recent storm.

February 14, 2024, 08:50:53 PM
Quote from: Judd on February 14, 2024, 08:48:59 PMHorrible shops. The stench of the perfumes in the place was overpowering and could give me headaches.
I agree & divorce was a price worth paying for no longer having to go into them.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Judd on February 14, 2024, 08:48:59 PMHorrible shops. The stench of the perfumes in the place was overpowering and could give me headaches.
Lush too. Even walking through the perfumes bit in Boots here is unpleasant to me and that is well spaced out.

dextrous63

A fair amount of presents bought from stores such as Body Shop tend to be reused as presents for other people, in the hope that someone somewhere will find a use for them.

klondike

What about smelly candles?

dextrous63

Do they sell them in Body Shop?  I genuinely have no idea.

klondike

Me neither but plenty of places and at some pretty high prices too.

dextrous63

Saw a clip on instagram on how to make your own.  Cheap as chips.  Few basic candles, some smelly oils of preference, perhaps a bit of food colouring.  So simple.  Can obviously use the wicks from the melted cheapo candles.

klondike

You can make red candles from Baby Bell wax. I amused myself doing that once. Clearly far too much time on my hands. It reeked.

dextrous63

That's a lot of cheese to stuff down your neck too!!

But thanks for the heads up to give it a miss👍😬