Pancake Day

Started by Judd, February 13, 2024, 11:12:04 PM

« previous - next »

Judd

Did anyone make the traditional pancakes today - not crêpes, galettes, tortillas, or oatcakes. Just plain simple British style pancakes made with flour, eggs, and milk?

I didn't. I forgot. :sad:
A Noble Spirit Embiggens The Smallest Man

Alex

GrannyMac

No.  It's never been something I've done.  My son in law made some for my granddaughter, she rang to tell me how nice they were. 🥞
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

I forgot about it.. Used to make them for the children..
Now I make pancakes anytime of the year... when I fancy them..
Lemon and sugar.. nothing fancy..
And I'm a tosser...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

My Nana used to make lots and lots of Pancakes on the day, along with lots of different toppings on wee saucers. Us 4 girls scoffed the lot when we came in from school. We got no tea that evening as we were aye full.  :busted:

GrannyMac

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 14, 2024, 08:23:34 AMI forgot about it.. Used to make them for the children..
Now I make pancakes anytime of the year... when I fancy them..
Lemon and sugar.. nothing fancy..
And I'm a tosser...
😂😂

That's how I like them, grandkids like Nutella on theirs.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Ruthio

Yep, made a dozen with Delia's well tried and tested recipe ~ you can always rely on Delia!
Three of us has 4 each, three han and cheese and one honey mmmmmmmmm!

klondike

Always used to buy those packs of ready made ones that you just pop in the microwave and ding. Forgotten entirely this year.

Judd

Quote from: Ruthio on February 14, 2024, 06:02:07 PMYep, made a dozen with Delia's well tried and tested recipe ~ you can always rely on Delia!
Three of us has 4 each, three han and cheese and one honey mmmmmmmmm!
Good old St. Delia - that's the recipe I use too.

:wtf: I saw some bottles of `pancake mix` in my local shop - instructions were, just add water, so it's probably just a mixture of flour, powdered milk, and powdered egg. Can't think of anything more revolting.
A Noble Spirit Embiggens The Smallest Man

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]