Break a leg.. !!

Started by Scrumpy, February 12, 2024, 12:47:59 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Them daft lot who tell us what we are doing wrong are now saying that actors should not portray a disabled person when they are able bodied..
What a load of crap.. 
I don't think black actors should portray a white person.. but they do..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Do it enough and history is changed.

Elizabeth the first was black but wore white makeup for those portraits you've seen. Common at the time. Francis Drake was black too but that is less well known. Black Beard the pirate was really Chinese.

The only marriages in TV land are mixed race, only black or mixed race folk buy cars too. Or order fast food etc. etc.

While that may be untrue what must be true is that unknown white actors doing adverts are a minority.

Michael Rolls

Why aren't Darleks portrayed by Darleks?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: klondike on February 12, 2024, 12:57:14 PMDo it enough and history is changed.

Elizabeth the first was black but wore white makeup for those portraits you've seen. Common at the time. Francis Drake was black too but that is less well known. Black Beard the pirate was really Chinese.

The only marriages in TV land are mixed race, only black or mixed race folk buy cars too. Or order fast food etc. etc.

While that may be untrue what must be true is that unknown white actors doing adverts are a minority.
I am coming to the conclusion that I shall be forced to black up, before I'm seen as a nasty white minority.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

Will be so glad when it all comes full circle and common sense is the norm once again.

klondike

I'm more concerned about whether that when shouldn't be an if  :sad:

dextrous63

How would an actor who is physically hampered with long term motor neuron disease be able to play the part of Stephen Hawking before he became unwell?

Ashy

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 12, 2024, 12:47:59 PMThem daft lot who tell us what we are doing wrong are now saying that actors should not portray a disabled person when they are able bodied..
What a load of crap..
I don't think black actors should portray a white person.. but they do..

I agree, it's nonsense. Actors should be chosen for the skills they can bring to the production. There's too much of this box ticking and quota nonsense.

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..