Not my bins..

Started by Scrumpy, February 11, 2024, 12:30:25 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

I had a message from Amazon yesterday saying they had delivered my order.. 
I went to look in the porch.. no package.. I looked outside the front door.. no package..
I then checked the delivery notice and picture.. It showed package behind some bins.. 
I didn't recognise the bins.. Bugger.. That means I have to wait 24 hours to see if someone will bother to bring them here..
 This morning I went to my bins.. there was the WET package.. 
The bins on the pic didn't look like my bins.... all the bins in the street are the same.. :smiley:
The delivery guy was too lazy to put the package in the porch or outside the front door.. So he chucked it behind the bins that were near the front gate..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Did you leave instructions?

klondike

She didn't leave any feedback on the delivery that's for sure. Despite the BS instructtions on the web I couldn't find the form. Probably the server that logged complaints exploded years back.

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 11, 2024, 12:30:25 PMI had a message from Amazon yesterday saying they had delivered my order..
I went to look in the porch.. no package.. I looked outside the front door.. no package..
I then checked the delivery notice and picture.. It showed package behind some bins..
I didn't recognise the bins.. Bugger.. That means I have to wait 24 hours to see if someone will bother to bring them here..
The bins on the pic didn't look like my bins.... all the bins in the street are the same.. :smiley:
The delivery guy was too lazy to put the package in the porch or outside the front door.. So he chucked it behind the bins that were near the front gate..

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 11, 2024, 12:30:25 PMI had a message from Amazon yesterday saying they had delivered my order..

That is so annoying when some lazy drivers do that.    I had some twit once, who threw my parcel over my 6ft side gate.
I complained about that because its a solid gate, so he couldn't see if there was a pond the other side, or dogs waiting to rip it open,  and the parcel could have been something breakable for all he knew.
I was not amused!

Scrumpy

I always leave instructions to all delivery firms when asked.. Secure porch..
It seems to be weekend delivery from Amazon.. I think the bloke is possibly a prat..
Royal Mail.. Next.. and all others get it right..

JBR

I must say that I have found that Amazon are really reliable when it comes to deliveries.
Actually, I suppose that we do use Amazon a lot.  As I pay for Prime, not only does that include another TV channel, but it usually provides free delivery as well.

We have, however, had quite a few people coming to our door bringing parcels addressed for next door, the problem being that their address number is the same as ours except for an 'A' suffix.

Last year, I attached a rather large sign bearing our house number at the bottom of the steps and path to our front door - without the 'A', of course.  I'm afraid that it still fails to register on some people's minds though!

I have occasionally thought that I might add another sign next to it saying "NOT --- A"!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

We've been lucky with delivery drivers over the years.  Judy have had hundreds of deliveries, and can think of only three failures in that time.

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 11, 2024, 04:19:09 PMI always leave instructions to all delivery firms when asked.. Secure porch..
It seems to be weekend delivery from Amazon.. I think the bloke is possibly a prat..
Royal Mail.. Next.. and all others get it right..

Yes, so do I, Scrumpy.

That is why I get cross when they take no notice.

Scrumpy

I also have Prime with Amazon.. They are usually very good..
BUT not on a WEEKEND.. 

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 12, 2024, 09:23:47 AMI also have Prime with Amazon.. They are usually very good..
BUT not on a WEEKEND..
On weekends we shall have to switch to Netflix.  We pay for that as well, though I personally am considering whether it is worth it.

Alex

I find Netflix is better than Prime now.  On Prime they're  adding films that you need to pay for, plus those adverts, which admittedly aren't too bad - for now.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on February 12, 2024, 11:24:38 AMI find Netflix is better than Prime now.  On Prime they're  adding films that you need to pay for, plus those adverts, which admittedly aren't too bad - for now.
Good point.  Yes, I have noticed that Prime are now including more and more films which require payment in addition to our payments to Prime.
In addition to that, many also now include adverts.

The advantage we have as customers is that we can shop around.  The greediest companies will, as always is the case, lose customers.