Why...

Started by Scrumpy, February 09, 2024, 09:15:13 AM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on February 09, 2024, 10:06:04 PMMe too, Tabs. 

Can't think of one good reason why I'd need one.  It's just yet another gadget to go wrong!
You could amuse yourself by asking Alexa what coffee bean 100 in Welsh is.

(It's very very very rude!!!!)

Alex

Quote from: Mups on February 09, 2024, 10:06:04 PMMe too, Tabs. 

Can't think of one good reason why I'd need one.  It's just yet another gadget to go wrong!

That was just how I felt until my kitchen radio broke and I needed to buy a new one......I bought an Alexa instead and now I listen to the radio and can get any station.  If I fancy a change I say ' Alexa play Eros Ramazotti ' and believe it or not she finds him  :smiley:  I keep my shopping list with Alexa too, if I suddenly remember I'm out of milk I interrupt the music and ask Alexa to add milk to my list.  I find this very useful :smiley:

Scrumpy

She talks a lot.. but is still my friend.. She plays any music that I ask for and reminds me when my pie is cooked..
She does as she is told.. A bit like a wife really..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Just spotted on offer at Amazon for £29.99 :upvote:

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 10, 2024, 08:51:05 AMShe talks a lot.. but is still my friend.. She plays any music that I ask for and reminds me when my pie is cooked..
She does as she is told.. A bit like a wife really..
Not really. Wives remind you that the windows need cleaning and youi still haven't properly finished the previous job. My Alexa is so annoyed with me that she hardly speaks to me at all - now that's like a wife at times.

muddy

We must be the only people in the U.K. who don't have an Alexa , don't know how to set them up .
We need to kidnap a teenager while they still know everything .🙁

Raven

We don't have one either, not the slightest bit interested in having one.

Scrumpy

Quote from: muddy on February 10, 2024, 11:05:56 AMWe must be the only people in the U.K. who don't have an Alexa , don't know how to set them up .
We need to kidnap a teenager while they still know everything .🙁

You are not alone Muddy.. My grandchildren come to the rescue..

JBR

Quote from: Alex on February 10, 2024, 04:17:48 AMThat was just how I felt until my kitchen radio broke and I needed to buy a new one......I bought an Alexa instead and now I listen to the radio and can get any station.  If I fancy a change I say ' Alexa play Eros Ramazotti ' and believe it or not she finds him  :smiley:  I keep my shopping list with Alexa too, if I suddenly remember I'm out of milk I interrupt the music and ask Alexa to add milk to my list.  I find this very useful :smiley:
Absolutely.
If we didn't already have one, it would be first on my shopping list (apart from beer and butter beans).
Alexa can do just about anything, except for cutting my hair (but Marge does that for free).
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Quote from: JBR on February 10, 2024, 01:56:42 PMAlexa can do just about anything, except for cutting my hair
If only she could. Perhaps then Dex wouldn't be so jealous of mine poor soul.

GrannyMac

We haven't got one either. But my kids have.  Might get our son to set one up for us.  He's far from a teen, but he's IT savvy. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: klondike on February 10, 2024, 02:13:44 PMIf only she could. Perhaps then Dex wouldn't be so jealous of mine poor soul.
🤣

February 10, 2024, 03:18:26 PM
Quote from: GrannyMac on February 10, 2024, 02:20:25 PMWe haven't got one either. But my kids have.  Might get our son to set one up for us.  He's far from a teen, but he's IT savvy.
Marge set up ours, so I can't speak from personal experience, but she found it very easy.
You do need an internet connection for full use, though.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

I haven't got one and have no intention of getting one
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

Thanks Alex, I didn't realize that I could use her for my shopping list.  I usually keep a pad next to Alexa but sometimes accidentally mislay it.  
She sometimes asks us, totally out of the blue, to rate something we bought a while ago.  Paul can't be bothered to try to remember so just says anything (it's usually a book) so don't rely too much on ratings!

Scrumpy

I usually write things to remember to buy on a bit of paper and stick it in my bag.. Never to be seen again..