Pulling your own teeth.. !!

Started by Scrumpy, February 07, 2024, 12:26:23 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

The queue in Bristol was horrendous.. It was not a Harrods sale .. it was people hoping to register with a NH dentist..
There are many out there who can not afford the cost of a private dentist.. Sometimes the costs go well beyond what a patient can afford.. Even an insurance (Deplan) can cost much money each month..
Dentists.. along with vets seem to be very greedy..
I have seen some people with hardly any teeth in their mouths.. having been removed / fallen out because they were rotten..
Could it be that adults do not clean their teeth properly. !! I think much of the problem is that parents do not encourage their children to brush their teeth properly..
Just imagine having to pull ones own teeth out because of the high costs of visiting a dentist..
What is it like in your area.. ?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I doubt that there are any NHS dentists taking on new patients. 

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on February 07, 2024, 12:35:42 PMI doubt that there are any NHS dentists taking on new patients.

There was in Bristol.. It was on Good Morning Britain today..

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 07, 2024, 12:39:02 PMThere was in Bristol.. It was on Good Morning Britain today..
Yes,  it said people were already queuing from 6 a.m. this morning! :rolleyes:

klondike

I'm looking to change dentist. The one I had is semi retired and there is a young girl working there. I have the distinct impression that she is into make work. I did try to get into another rather than go back there but they were full. That is private.

Scrumpy

My dentist is a nearby neighbour.. her practice is just down the road.. I'm hanging on to her.. 
I feel for those who have rotting teeth.. I couldn't bear it..

muddy

We were on a NHD not that I ever went to him but they went private .
We still go there to visit the hygienist .( which you have to pay for £84 a pop)
If I ever need anything serious I go to my private dentist , if I am going to have to pay I pay for the best.
He is Iranian and a simpley fantastic dentist he also lectures in dentistry .
I have always taken care of my teeth as best I can and hope they will see men out !

I feel very sorry for people who can't afford a dentist  and am appalled at the reports coming through about childrens rotting teeth .
This is the fault mainly of the parents don't they monitor their children what they eat and make them clean their teeth .

My dog had six teeth out last year it cost much less than the human dentist .

Scrumpy

Hygienist cost dearly.. The treatment is included in my insurance package but I don't use them.. They are bloody cruel.. I dreaded going to them.. So I stopped.. My dentist gives mine a deep clean..
I remember the school dentist.. what a killer.. I am sure they made holes so they could fill them..

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 07, 2024, 05:27:56 PMI remember the school dentist.. what a killer.. I am sure they made holes so they could fill them..
I'm 100% sure mine did. A real old sadist with a horrible grinding belt driven drill. I ended up with more filling than tooth for some.

Alex

I remember a gas mask at the school dentist and a smell of rubber, awful experience. :boo:

GrannyMac

Oooh it was Alex. I've had some nightmare experiences with dentists. Our private dentist retired, OH had an emergency a couple of weeks ago, infected root. He got antibiotics from a private practice, they helped the pain and swelling.  He managed to get into the dental hospital within a couple of days, had an x-ray but the tooth couldn't be saved, so they extracted it.   Fantastic service from students with supervision.   And it's free.  He is going back in a couple of weeks for some more treatment, the hospital charity will get a donation. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Quote from: Alex on February 07, 2024, 07:58:01 PMI remember a gas mask at the school dentist and a smell of rubber, awful experience. :boo:
Yep. How had I forgotten that?

Raven

I was reminded of the smell just after my accident last winter, the ambulance crew had me hooked into a mask of it for the pain. It was not a nice smell but it sure helped me deal with the pain.