setting a challenge

Started by Scrumpy, February 07, 2024, 09:01:59 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Very often I set myself a challenge, especially winter time when I am stuck indoors.

I go for a walk.. up hill , I might add. I live in a valley.. I do a circular walk from my home .. I get to the top of the hill and then cut down through a little estate .. along a cutting, then back home..
Getting to the top of the hill is a bit of  struggle.. I am well panting :tongue:
But pretend all is fine..
Only when I have done this I can have a coffee.. I won't be doing it today.. Just sayin'..
  Anybody else set themselves a challenge..?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I'll be outside later. Challenge will probably be to keep warm.

Raven

Yes at the pool and sometimes when out with Dageus.

dextrous63

Little ones at present.  I'm a fair weather kinda guy.

So, apart from the rare walk round a park or to city centre, I set a challenge of going out around 4 times a week to clear the roads around me of litter.  This is usually accomplished by Sunday, which gives me two days off before the binmen come along and deposit a fresh batch during the wheelie bin emptying process on Wednesdays. 

JBR

I'm a great believer in setting oneself challenges.  It is really the only way in which to improve yourself and your way of life.

Personally, I set myself a challenge almost every morning:  to get out of bed before 10 o'clock.
I usually manage to do it by 10, but one day I am determined to manage it by 9.30.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I'm always up before that. I have what some might call "a regular constitution". I'm concerned it could still be so even if I don't wake up  :rolleyes:

Raven

My body clock usually has me up around 5.45am. Gives me time to have a latte and sort myself out before heading over to the pool for 7am.

Michael Rolls

I seet myself the challenge of getting up - and then wondering why I bothered
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on February 07, 2024, 11:39:44 AMI'm always up before that. I have what some might call "a regular constitution". I'm concerned it could still be so even if I don't wake up  :rolleyes:
🤭 You wouldn't want that!

My challenge at the moment is to lose weight. Diagnosed as pre diabetic just before Christmas, I started in the New Year. I've lost about 10lbs so far, mainly by ignoring my sweet tooth. 😥.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Well done GrannyMac..

I too am borderline diabetic.. I am not on medication.. I try to watch what I eat.. They test my eyes every year , along with a checkup.. Everything seems ok..

klondike

I need to lose weight. It isn't easy. A few pounds go off over weeks and a naughty day puts more back on than you lost  :worried:

Scrumpy

Just eating Chocolate Mousse and Ice Cream.. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do..

GrannyMac

I want some. No ice cream at the moment, its my biggest weakness.  🥶

Scrumpy

GrannyMac..
 I don't eat much Ice Cream , but the one I use is..
  Swedish Glaze  .. Non dairy.. vegan..
  It is lovely.. Give it a try sometime.. I serve it to my family.. They love it..

No, No... I am not a Vegan..

GrannyMac

Hagen Daaz salted caramel. My all time favourite.