Car Insurance

Started by Alex, January 24, 2024, 04:47:57 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I was amazed how expensive car insurance has become.   
My renewal quote is double last years payment, which was £143, their renewal quote was £292.86 so I took to the comparison sites.  I found a couple of reasonable quotes, so rang my insurer to see if they would match them, I was through to a very pleasant young man in Africa ? but he was sooooooooooo hard to understand, I've found Geordies easier. :grin:  The best he could do was £219.

So then I went through Martin's Money Pages where he gives a few tips on how to get cheaper quotes, what surprised me was he said you can sometimes get a cheaper quote if you have another driver named ! I didn't know that.

Anyway, got sorted with Saga, with my lad as a named driver which will come in handy should his car break down.

JBR

Not only car insurance.

We have just had our home and contents insurance.
Last year = £243.09
This year = £341.50 + £20 policy set up fee and insurance premium tax.

Funny how my bank balance doesn't go up like that, if at all.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

I should have added, the premium with Saga was £186

klondike

I ended up with Saga after using more than one comparison site. They were dearer than that but still the cheapest I could find.

I do quite low mileage and used to use ByMiles who apply a low base rate and charge 3 or maybe 4p a mile. The snag is you have to have a dongle plugged into the OBD port 24x7 and it was drawing enough with my low mileage to make the battery low at times and I was going on drives just to top it up which was daft.

https://www.bymiles.co.uk