This Storm.

Started by Raven, January 21, 2024, 10:09:14 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

For some reason this storm is making me very unsettled, the gusts at the moment are around 86mph that's a good bit more than we usually get, even on a high wind day they are around 40mph. At times the house is shaking and I don't like that at all, I worry incase the chimney comes down, I know tiles are as I can hear crashes every now and again as they hit the slabs. I'm hoping we don't lose power, it's hell when the electric goes off. Dageus is unsettled as well, he's pacing around and looking miserable. I'll be sooooo glad when this is over, we have amber warnings in place untill late Wednesday, and been told not to travel. Ferries, trains, and buses are off anyway but even my big heavy 4x4 would blow all over the place just now. Got the phones fully charged up just incase.
I'm not a happy bunny at all.
How are you all faring?

dextrous63

Not too bad in Manchester, although that may change overnight.

How are your animals doing Raven?

Raven

Dageus is very unsettled, pacing around and looking unhappy. The Clyde's are shut up in their stable, we cleaned it out this afternoon and they have all new clean fresh straw. Dunc gave them extra food as well so they should be ok.

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on January 21, 2024, 10:15:41 PMNot too bad in Manchester, although that may change overnight.

How are your animals doing Raven?
Similar in our side of Manchester.
We have had steady rain and an amount of wind, but nothing like the terrible gales forecast.
Cats?  Pumpkin has been out and came in soaked through.  I don't think Peanut has been out, so we're going to have to have a quick look round the house just in case.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

I just know that I'm going to have my work cut out in a day or two when I go round my local roads litter picking.  Just when I was starting to get it down to a much more manageable level.  Ho hum🥴

Michael Rolls

rain and wind. With all double glazing, you don't hear the wind unless it is pretty strong - this morning no problem in hearing it at all!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Raven.. Reading your above post made me realize how scary these gales can be.. 
It sounds horrendous.. Your horses are well looked after but they too must get nervous. I truly hope it settles down soon.. Poor Dageus ..

We have calm and sunshine..  
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

it's now stopped rainy and the wind has moderated quite a bit. Greatly daring, the sun has just peeked out
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Great, just great, the amber warning is now a red warning.  :yell:
Clyde's are fine, Dunc is with them just now doing a grooming session, to keep them company. They enjoy the one to one attention. Had the radio on overnight hoping to help them keep calm.

JBR

We heard a loud rumbling sound last night but, as the ceiling hadn't fallen in, we just went back to sleep.

In the morning, looking out of the window, the garden swing had been blown over.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

Raven, you need to count yourself lucky.  At least your garden swing (if you had one) would be safe.

Raven

No garden swing here Dex.  :smiley:

dextrous63

You need to get one Raven.  Presto pronto.  It might save your life one day 😬