Council wastes £7,000

Started by Sheila, January 19, 2024, 08:21:03 PM

« previous - next »

Sheila

Our downstairs loo is in an unheated utility room and the whole room is absolutely freezing.  Sitting on the seat is agony.

I was amused to read that a council have paid out for heated toilet seats and I bet their toilets aren't anywhere near as cold as ours.  I tried to post a link but it didn't work.

klondike

The only amazing thing about that is that the story got out.  :grin:

My downstairs toilet has no rad but when it was put in I got the sparky to put in a wall heater. That has a pull cord and the light switch is outside. All visitors leave the light on. My daughter turned the heater on as she went out. Didn't find out till an hour later by which time it was like an oven. Oddly I never bother with the heater as it doesn't get desperately cold anyway.

Sheila

Our utility room is a big room at the back of the garage and is really useful but completely unheated.  It doesn't matter most of the time but I have a bad hip so only go upstairs if I have to.
Paul made a big pan of chilli this evening and I didn't have to worry about storing the leftovers - just put the pan down on the icy tiles.

klondike

My downstairs loo is in the main part of the house it just doesn't have its own rad. This time of year it doesn't encourage dallying.

dextrous63

There's something about having a fan designed to replace air which seems wasteful since it draws heated air out.

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on January 19, 2024, 10:25:56 PMThere's something about having a fan designed to replace air which seems wasteful since it draws heated air out.
We have a fan in our en suite next to the bedroom.  Although it may draw out heated air, it is also very useful for drawing out 'contaminated air' having used the 'facilities'.

On an aside, we do use some silly words to refer to some 'less nice' words, don't we?
Facilities, for example.  I suppose that "May I make use of your facilities?" sounds more genteel than "Can ah use yer bog?"
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

Quite.  Klondy pm'd me to ask why do women need bogs in the room dedicated to powdering their faces.  Come to think of it, Klondy asked me if powdering their faces really a polite way of saying they're going to waft some talc on their nether-regions😬🤭?

klondike

I reckon there's a  :nooo: coming along eventually  :grin:

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on January 20, 2024, 10:26:39 AMI reckon there's a  :nooo: coming along eventually  :grin:
I have amended my post😬

Alex

We were advised a few years ago not to use talc ! :cool:

Raven

Quote from: dextrous63 on January 19, 2024, 10:25:56 PMThere's something about having a fan designed to replace air which seems wasteful since it draws heated air out.

There are 2 of those fans in my house down in Perth, one in the toilet and one in the kitchen. Have never used either of them.

Ashy

The problem is that if they don't spend their whole allocation, next year they get less. But why was I not surprised that the toilets in question were in the town hall. This council (Waltham Forest in Londonistan) has no or very few public toilets. Their policy is to use a shop.