Poland leaving the EU?

Started by JBR, January 14, 2024, 11:14:45 AM

« previous - next »

JBR

EU to collapse?

'I understand Brexit now!' Former PM warns Brussels power grab will mean EU 'implodes' | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

Oh dear!  Poland thinking of leaving.

I think we should create a free-trade organisation between the UK and Poland...
and any other EU country who wants to leave!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

I can't see that happening now Tusk is in power.   Don't know if it's true but I did read on t'internet somewhere that the EU had been withholding money from Poland, claiming worries about ' rule of law' but once Tusk had his feet under the table, the money was miraculously released. 

JBR

Quote from: Alex on January 14, 2024, 08:58:10 PMI can't see that happening now Tusk is in power.  Don't know if it's true but I did read on t'internet somewhere that the EU had been withholding money from Poland, claiming worries about ' rule of law' but once Tusk had his feet under the table, the money was miraculously released. 
Proof of the long-term and unceasing corruption in the EU.  Just remember, Labour want to drag us back in, WITHOUT a referendum this time.
Mind you, their policies do tend to change every other day.

ansu

Continue dreaming - even if the PiS were still in power, Poland wouldn't leave the EU now with the war in front of their door  as we say. 

Alex

Quote from: ansu on January 15, 2024, 10:49:40 AMContinue dreaming - even if the PiS were still in power, Poland wouldn't leave the EU now with the war in front of their door  as we say.

It's not so much dreaming Ansu, it's what we see in our newspapers !   
I've read in your papers an animal welfare tax could be introduced, I'd certainly support that even if it did make my Bratwurst more expensive.  But then again perhaps that too was paper talk ?

JBR

Quote from: Alex on January 15, 2024, 11:01:12 AMIt's not so much dreaming Ansu, it's what we see in our newspapers ! 
I've read in your papers an animal welfare tax could be introduced, I'd certainly support that even if it did make my Bratwurst more expensive.  But then again perhaps that too was paper talk ?
👍

Ashy

I know the Poles are a very proud people but I don't see them leaving the eu. Last time I looked they received more subsidies via the eu than the taxes paid by France and Great Britain combined.

ansu

Our government tries to soothe the farmers who are striking and blocking the streets with their tractors - one of the means taken into consideration is an animal welfare tax, but if it will be introduced is "standing in the stars". Supermarkets offer meat and vegetables at very low prices and exert enormous pressure on the farmers. Consumers buy the cheap meat and vegetables from the supermarkets and not the regional ones. An example - a Brezel bought in the supermarket costs partly only 35 to 50 ct. - the same Brezel bought at a regional bakery costs 1.20 €. In our region a brezel with butter is eaten whenever possible - now it's a luxury for families with a lot of children. Moreover, lately many regulations and laws have been introduced to protect the environment - complying with all of them is very expensive and small farmers don't have the required financial reserves. 
The same is applicable to retired people having an old house which has to be brought up-to-date. 
Many people here in Germany say that our politicians have lost their grip on the ground as we say. 

JBR

Quote from: ansu on January 15, 2024, 04:24:20 PM#
Many people here in Germany say that our politicians have lost their grip on the ground as we say.
Well behind ours then.
Most people believe that our politicians lost their grip over twenty years ago.