Poor Wee Skye..

Started by Raven, January 11, 2024, 07:44:59 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Skye is my daughter's Westie and while she was tearing around after a cat she managed to injure herself. Regan thought it was a pulled muscle but in a couple of days Skye couldn't walk and was in pain, Regan took her to the vet who X rayed the leg to find it was a cruciate ligament rupture. She was taken into surgery the same day. These are a few photos of her after the operation, the red has all gone and the wound is now healing nicely, she is not allowed to run about and has to have enforced rest for a couple of weeks, then a week of 5 minutes in the garden on the lead twice a day. Don't know what the next step is yes, that will come after the next vet visit.

JBR

And the answer is - don't allow your dog to chase cats!

Sorry.  I hope your dog recovers well.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

Skye is not allowed to chase cats, but there is one who likes to bait her by coming into the garden when she's there. She's so quick and desperate to catch that cat, it's not an easy situation.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on January 11, 2024, 08:22:42 PMSkye is not allowed to chase cats, but there is one who likes to bait her by coming into the garden when she's there. She's so quick and desperate to catch that cat, it's not an easy situation.
Yes, cats sometimes think they're playing with the dog.  I think that they sometimes like being chased.  Our two spend a lot of time chasing each other, then the next time you look they're licking each other.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Poor little thing, keeping her on cage rest will be a problem I bet!

Michael Rolls

poor little doggie! Cruciate ligaments are nasty things if they go - it's a common injury for Rugby players and usually means the best part of six months off and very gradual recuperation. Do hope she is OK
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Awww!! Poor thing.. 
Just after Christmas my granddaughter Hattie fell whilst at a petrol station .. She tore a ligament.. On crutches.. Not able to work for a few weeks.. Very, very painful.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

Skye is not a happy lass, she is usually quite an active dog. Regan borrowed a crate from her pal Sam who has a large collie so she's not cramped in it, she goes in it at night or if Regan has to go out, otherwise she's on the couch or in her kitchen bed, depends on where Regan is, between the 3 in the house Skye is not on her own at all, so can't get up to anything.
Will keep you informed as she progresses.

Scrumpy I hope your lass recovers quick, Winter is only lovely to look out on through a window...IMO anyway.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Raven

Regan sent me a couple of photos of Skye's wound yesterday. She's healing up nicely.
She gets 5 minutes lead exercise in the garden 3 times a day now. She's a lot happier too and wants to get going lol

Michael Rolls

Glad to hear that she is getting better  :upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:
[email protected]

Alex

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖