German Farmers

Started by Alex, January 11, 2024, 06:22:26 PM

« previous - next »

Ashy

Whilst it's good news that our trains are better than German ones our controllers are not brilliant when there is disruption. In London especially they cancel trains over a wide area when there is a fault.

The German farmers' protests are enormous as were the Dutch and French. Globalists had better watch out.

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on January 16, 2024, 10:08:54 AMWhilst it's good news that our trains are better than German ones our controllers are not brilliant when there is disruption. In London especially they cancel trains over a wide area when there is a fault.

The German farmers' protests are enormous as were the Dutch and French. Globalists had better watch out.
Trains?  We still have trains?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

I have heard of them, but don't really believe in them more than Santa Claus
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Stupid I know but when the diesel trains came and the wonderful old steam engines were taken away it was the end of an era for me. I loved steam engines and never took to diesels at all. No life no character in them, each steam engine was different you could even tell which one was coming by it's whistle and the way it puffed....At least I could as a child who loved them. I always go to the station if one is on a visit, both here and in Perth.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on January 16, 2024, 08:44:07 PMStupid I know but when the diesel trains came and the wonderful old steam engines were taken away it was the end of an era for me. I loved steam engines and never took to diesels at all. No life no character in them, each steam engine was different you could even tell which one was coming by it's whistle and the way it puffed....At least I could as a child who loved them. I always go to the station if one is on a visit, both here and in Perth.
You're right.  Steam trains have character.  You can still get a ride on them, though, as there are historic engines being run all over the country by such private companies.  We went on one last autumn. 

In practice, though, steam engines require a great deal of work.  I have heard mention of, in preparation for an early morning departure, the fireman would be up at the crack of dawn to prepare everything for firing up, which then took a long time to get going.
Diesel and electric engines, of course, just need switching on a few minutes before the off.

Michael Rolls

>>Diesel and electric engines, of course, just need switching on a few minutes before the off.<<
Rather like the average politician
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 17, 2024, 03:53:30 AM>>Diesel and electric engines, of course, just need switching on a few minutes before the off.<<
Rather like the average politician

Hell Yes... :rofl:

klondike

Fiery Tractor Protests Launched in France as Farmer Uprising Spreads Across Europe

Following a week of farmer uprisings across Germany, disaffected farmers rose up in protest against the globalist government of Emmanuel Macron in France, with manure being dumped and hay set on fire in Avignon and Toulouse on Tuesday.

A veritable peasants' revolt appears to be budding across the continent as overregulation, inflation and the green agenda are taking their toll on the ability of farmers to earn a living in — and consequently feed the people of — modern Europe. The latest protests to crop up in France came over the low payout from supermarket chains to food producers.

Sings hung on tractors read: "No farmers, no food," and: "France, do you still want your farmers?" the local La Provence newspaper reported. Footage posted by video journalist Clement Lanot on X showed farmers dumping mature, agricultural waste and even wine on the streets of the city, while some set bales of hay ablaze to express their anger.

Brief clashes also broke out as farmers attempted to break into a chain supermarket, which they claim has been price gouging their produce and keeping the increased revenues to themselves.

Full story : https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2024/01/17/fiery-tractor-protests-launched-in-france-as-farmer-uprising-spreads-across-europe/

JBR

The 'Green Agenda' does keep cropping up in the news.  I thought it was just broken Britain which suffered from the Greenies, but apparently not.

I am both amazed and disappointed that a trendy minority seem to have had so much influence, especially as there is no scientific evidence for many of their claims.  It is fortunate that Greenies hadn't been thought up in the 19th century, when Britain was the 'workshop of the world' and became the richest and most powerful nation in the world as a consequence.

Most trends do come and go, appear and then die out.  I hope that most people will eventually realise that the Green movement is certainly not helping the country and that the minority who continue to protest on our streets will die out as a natural consequence of their not having any concrete evidence for their claims.

klondike

Green = Net Zero = Globalists = $$$$$

ansu

Times have changed - at school I learned that agriculture played an important role in France and the UK - today in Germany most vegetables are imported from the Netherlands and Spain at prices our farmers can only dream of. 
As to Spain - protection of the environment and minimum wage for the Northafrican workers - foreign words for the Andalusian farmers. In the Netherlands farming is carried out in a very sophisticated way by companies. 
In our region we have a lot of small farms, often part-time farmers. Big farms mainly are found in Northern and Eastern Germany.
In Hungary my grandparents had a farm and I can't remember that they mentioned any holidays they spent somewhere. 
I think it's also a bit our fault that our farmers are protesting - we should by more regional food, even if it is a bit more expensive.
Lately I eat more vegetables and less meat and I noticed meat is cheaper than vegetables, strange isn't it? 

klondike

If all those small farms go out of business who maintains the land? If it isn't looked after what happens? Truth be told I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be something bad.

JBR

To be honest, I don't know much about farming.  I'm sure that there must still be farmers working in the UK, though it surprises me that they are not following so many other would-be workers who, it seems, choose not to bother to work but simply to go on the dole.

I do see many fields with sheep up here so I assume they have farmers somewhere, though I don't seem to see them.
Perhaps other fields have just been left to grow grass, assuming that the Vegans will eat it!

Michael Rolls

I live on the edge of something like 20 square miles of arable farmland under constant cultivation so there are still some farmers!
[email protected]