At the dump

Started by Ashy, January 10, 2024, 09:17:06 AM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on January 16, 2024, 04:34:44 PMWe rarely need to go to the dump.  Most things can be broken, or cut up and we put them in the non recycling bin. 
We're going to take some things, when Marge and I eventually get a round tuit.

There's a waterproof garden swing cover and a (not waterproof) canopy, both of which got ripped apart in the recent gales.  There's no way they'll go in the bin, so we'll have to take them to the dump.
The trouble is, we can't put them in the car boot until they're dry.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I find my local tip a pain and most of my junk goes in the landfill bin too. Often spread over more than one collection so it doesn't raise hackles.

There's no way they'll go in the bin,

Depends how good you are are sawing and chopping stuff up.

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on January 16, 2024, 06:32:04 PMI find my local tip a pain and most of my junk goes in the landfill bin too. Often spread over more than one collection so it doesn't raise hackles.

We're very good! 😊 If its anything metal we just put it out front and a roaming scrappie will pick it up.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: klondike on January 16, 2024, 06:32:04 PMI find my local tip a pain and most of my junk goes in the landfill bin too. Often spread over more than one collection so it doesn't raise hackles.

No.  Our black bin is almost always full on collection day (fortnightly).  In fact, because of Christmas, this month we may have to take some of our general waste, along with the swing covers, to the dump.

January 16, 2024, 07:14:21 PM
Quote from: GrannyMac on January 16, 2024, 07:08:30 PMWe're very good! 😊 If its anything metal we just put it out front and a roaming scrappie will pick it up.
That's a good idea, Gran.  In fact, if I think about it, there are several such things I could possibly dispose of in such a way.  I have an old ladder for example, which still works properly.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

They do the rounds here too.