Where’s Terry !!!

Started by Scrumpy, January 05, 2024, 06:55:11 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

My friend Shaun went to our local hospital to pick up his brother Terry who was being discharged..
Terry had been in hospital for a couple of days owing to a nasty infection which was making him a bit (silly) in the head.. I am not mocking Terry ..
Shaun headed to the ward.. The nurse told him that Terry was in a waiting room..
He was not..
Shaun went back to the ward and told them that Terry was not in the waiting room..
The nurse was 'surprised'.. 'Are you sure'? She asked..
There was a frantic search in the immediate area.. No Terry..
After many phone calls Terry was found.. He had got on a bus.. Dressed only in shirt , trousers and slippers ,carrying a bag of medication.. He had taken a bus ride to his town.. Then walked a fair way to his home..
He wasn't wearing a coat because the staff explained that it had been lost while he was a patient in the hospital..
The time was 5pm.. It was dark and cold..
 You couldn't make it up.. Shame on you NHS.. :boo: :nooo:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

You'd have thought there would be some mechanism for making sure vulnerable patients couldn't just wander off like that. That said I can't say I'm surprised that there isn't. This could have had a really bad outcome.

dextrous63

One cannot but wonder if he was well enough to be discharged.

Diasi

That's shocking but not at all surprising.

When my wife was in hospital for the last time I lent her my phone, as she didn't have a charger for hers, but that went missing, never to be found.

It was only a £25 dumb flip phone but it had all the texts messages between us saved on it.

Then when she was brought home I had to chase after the hospital transport as they drove off with all her belongings, which included her wedding & engagement rings.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

That's really sad, I hope he's ok Scrumpy.  They just don't seem to care nowadays.....

Michael Rolls

when my sister died in Kingston hospital, her mobile phone, with all her contacts on it, was nowhere to be found. For quite a while after letters would arrive at her house from folk not knowing that she had died - quite upsetting.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

These stories are all so worrying and sad, and taking up your comments Diasi, if I have to go into hospital, I won't wear my rings.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

I have nothing of value about my body.. I do not own gold, diamonds or anything worth nicking.. Cheapy old tat for me.. I am not a jewelry person..
 I think it was sad that they left Terry sitting in a waiting area without a coat and wearing slippers on his feet.. He didn't have a mobile phone because his wife took it away from him after he was phoning her at silly times .. 4am in the morning. !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

On the positive side, the NHS has invited me again to take part in their patient survey run by Ipsos.

dextrous63

Not really on topic, but I've been accepted for a cancer research project which involves me having tests over 2-3 years.  I get paid for it, not that that's important😬🤣🤣🤣🤭

Alex

I've contributed to a research project for the NHS/ Kings College called Galleri, I'm on year two now.   :upvote:

JBR

I have been invited to participate in a diabetic survey by AscendPlus.
No payments to me, but if it helps to create another alternative treatment, it's worth it.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on January 06, 2024, 06:39:33 AMThese stories are all so worrying and sad, and taking up your comments Diasi, if I have to go into hospital, I won't wear my rings. 
Yes, that would be best.

Although some might think that my experience doesn't compare to that of Terry's, the loss of the phone has robbed of the pleasure & comfort I would get today from reading our text messages.

It exemplifies a 'couldn't care less' attitude.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]