Water Cannon

Started by Alex, December 31, 2023, 10:47:02 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

I think they were a step down from CS gas and rubber bullets across the Irish sea.

Scrumpy

Quote from: dextrous63 on December 31, 2023, 06:15:16 PMIf water canons can't be used, how about industrial metal cutting lasers instead?
:grin: :grin: :grin:
That sounds good to me.. We could halve the protesters in one go..  :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Cut them down to size.

Then we could buy a few water canons to wash the streets down afterwards.  Even Teresa May wouldn't complain about that.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on December 31, 2023, 06:12:30 PMI expect in this current world of lunacy there is something in the user guide warning against using one to trim your toenails.
Funny you should say that because there is a warning about wearing suitable footwear & not sandals.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

ansu

As to the water canons - they can be very dangerous. Many years ago they were used in Stuttgart and a man got blind. Here in Germany they are seldom used lately as far as I know. 

JBR

Quote from: ansu on January 03, 2024, 01:05:50 PMAs to the water canons - they can be very dangerous. Many years ago they were used in Stuttgart and a man got blind. Here in Germany they are seldom used lately as far as I know.
Perhaps he was being naughty?
Personally, if I were in a situation where water cannon were wheeled in, I should immediately leave the vicinity!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

ansu

He wasn't naughty, just a normal citizen protesting against the new railway station in Stuttgart - S21. The  station is still a building site and costing a lot of money. 

JBR

Quote from: ansu on January 07, 2024, 03:02:09 PMHe wasn't naughty, just a normal citizen protesting against the new railway station in Stuttgart - S21. The  station is still a building site and costing a lot of money.
Yes, we have protesters too.
However, there is protesting and protesting.
I have no problem with peaceful protesting where the protesters cause no-one and their property any harm.  That is how protesting used to be when I was younger.
If such were the case, there would be no need for water cannon.

Unfortunately, protesters today as have been seen in Londonistan, cause many problems to other, innocent people.  If they become a danger to law-abiding people, and their property, then water cannon could be used to repel them, especially if they refuse to respond to requests not to endanger innocent people and to disperse.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: ansu on January 03, 2024, 01:05:50 PMAs to the water canons - they can be very dangerous. Many years ago they were used in Stuttgart and a man got blind. Here in Germany they are seldom used lately as far as I know.
A lot of things that you use every day can be very dangerous if you get hit in the eye by them, even a snapping rubber band!
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I remember somebody trying to wang one at me at school and having a misfire  :grin:

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on January 08, 2024, 09:36:35 AMI remember somebody trying to wang one at me at school and having a misfire  :grin:
The spectacle arm can hurt if you jab your eye when putting them on one-handed.
[email protected]

klondike

Something I don't doubt but with every accident I've had involving spectacles the only suffering I've had has been in the wallet area.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on January 08, 2024, 10:40:45 AMSomething I don't doubt but with every accident I've had involving spectacles the only suffering I've had has been in the wallet area.
Indeed.  Mine cost over £500.