What was your best present this year?

Started by GrannyMac, December 27, 2023, 09:33:55 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Alex on December 30, 2023, 10:49:06 AMI bought a Bonsenkitchen to replace my press down sealer, I just need to press a button now it's great :smiley:
I found this on Amazon and showed the details to Marge, as I thought it a good idea.

No takers, unfortunately, as she insists that she doesn't store food like that for any length of time.
Obviously, I defer to her superior knowledge.  (i don't cook.)
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I got a cheap one from Lidl. I use it for packing deadbait for fishing for the freezer.

I buy a bag of small whole fish from the fishing shop and sometimes Lidl sell a big bags of sardines which works oui cheaper. I take some fishing but they don't all get used and the ones that go back are part thawed. They get wrapped in cling film and then sealed in a bag for re-freezing. That stops them stinking the freezer out.

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on December 30, 2023, 04:19:42 PMWe've never thought of buying a sealer.  Do you buy in bulk then seal to freeze?
Virtually everything is in bulk when you live alone.

A couple of days ago I bought a pack of 12 Richmond pork sausages from the chiller section so I had 2 yesterday & took out another two, which are in the fridge, that I'll have tomorrow which is the use by date.

Vacuum packing them extends their fridge storage life by at least a week but I also put them in the freezer in small bags of 2 & the vacuum bags prevent all 8 sticking together & prevent freezer burn.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]