What was your best present this year?

Started by GrannyMac, December 27, 2023, 09:33:55 AM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Our family are pretty good to OH and me, lots of nice things we like, but I think my swish new shopping trolley takes the prize this year.  I can put all my other gifts in it for starters!  😁
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

dextrous63

A fish filleting knife.  We've not had much fresh fish over the years due to Mrs Dex hating fish.  But I, my daughter and myself do like it and do I thought it would be nice if I started making dishes from scratch.

JBR

I tried to come up with something unusual this year, and gave Marge a nice bottle of wrinkle repair cream for Christmas.  She didn't seem particularly happy, for some reason.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Maybe not getting getting the 1000ml size super strength one was what caused the problem?
Possibly branding - I've found own brands can be acceptable but you are better going with Boots rather than B&Q.

You should really have stuck with an old faithful rather than going for something radical. An ironing board cover, for instance, often leaves them speechless.

Alex

I had a nice handbag !  another to add to the collection  :x10:

GrannyMac

Enjoy your fresh fish Dex.  Enough said JBR, you should perhaps go with klondike's suggestion for something for the home next time.  😏.  How many handbags Alex?

Alex

Scrumpy

A large wall clock for my bedroom.. Perfume.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Lovely.

I got a chip cutter from OH one Christmas when we were young and hard up, he's never made the same mistake again.  😁

Scrumpy

The worst presents from husbands are money , with the words 'Buy something nice for yourself'. In other words 'I haven't a clue what to get you'...  :nooo:

klondike

Isn't that better that someting you don't like or will never use? Perhaps you were never good at hinting?

GrannyMac

I go to a spa every year with my daughter and daughter in law. It's an expensive treat, OH buys me vouchers.  He can get them online (he hates shopping) and he knows I'm happy with them.  A wee bit better than just money. 💰 

Scrumpy

The funniest present this year was a lady shave thingy for facial hair..
My granddaughter Martha bought it for me..  It was funny.. Will I use it !!.. Maybe at a later date.. It got me looking in the mirror  (magnified)..  :smiley: :smiley:

dextrous63

Diasi

I haven't had any Xmas or birthday presents for many years but this year I got one so I suppose it could be classed as the best.

Personally I have no time for them & don't want them.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]