A Too Snowy Christmas.

Started by Raven, December 26, 2023, 02:16:05 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

We were snowed in for Christmas, :cry:  still are, :cry:  we were going to Perth on Christmas Eve but had to turn back, weather was just awful. We got 35 miles south at a snails pace to find the Snow Gates at Berriedale were closed.  :shocked: First time I've known them to be shut. I didn't even get dressed yesterday, Himself walked Dageus and fed the Clydes apart from that it was the telly in front of the fire. We both went out this morning to Dunnet Forest for Dageus's walk, the road was tricky even for the landrover, I'm glad himself was driving, I was too busy trying not to panic, :shocked:  took a couple of photos as we came out of the village, and the forest.

klondike

Well they are some great photos but I'm guessing that's no real consolation. Hope you can get back to normality soon.

GrannyMac

White Christmases sound lovely, but they can be the opposite!  A few years ago we came home from our son's on a snowy day, via Macclesfield and the Cat and Fiddle, one of the UK's most dangerous rosds.  Never again!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

You Scots are so lucky.  You really are.
We haven't seen a single flake.

Fortunately!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

Quote from: JBR on December 26, 2023, 03:26:04 PMYou Scots are so lucky.  You really are.
We haven't seen a single flake.

Fortunately!

It's lovely to look at through a big French window, sat all warm by the fire. But that's it. I hate the winter even as a child I didn't want to go sledging with my friends. I was miserable when I was cold..... Still am.
Those mad idiots from the town will be stripping off on NYD, for the crazy dip in the ocean. You can hear the screams all over the place.

dextrous63

Just watched the news.  Scotland is due to get over 6" of snow tomorrow, along with gale force winds.   Scary.

Alex

Well I love the snow, so envy Raven    :x10: Great photos !!!!

Ashy

And next Monday will be the coldest day of the year so far.

JBR

All this talk about snow!

I remember, wen ah wer a lad, walking through snow which came up almost to my neck.
It's all this damned global warming that people are moaning about it.  Now they moan about a few flakes landing on the pavement!

Global warming.  Great.  Bring it on.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

Quote from: JBR on December 27, 2023, 11:24:57 AMAll this talk about snow!

I remember, wen ah wer a lad, walking through snow which came up almost to my neck.
It's all this damned global warming that people are moaning about it.  Now they moan about a few flakes landing on the pavement!

Global warming.  Great.  Bring it on.

It was NOT a few flakes, far from it.  :waiting: