A Message for Xmas to all Boat People ...

Started by Cassandra, December 24, 2023, 09:23:51 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on January 04, 2024, 11:27:07 AMHeath took us into the then Common Market without a referendum so Starmer will be able to take us back into the EU without a referendum.
Yes, that's possible.
And it will ensure he loses the next GE, which may be sooner than he realises.

On the other hand, despite his pleading, it is quite possible that the EU won't want us.  Who would?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

dextrous63

Starmer emphatically ruled out the prospect of the UK rejoining the EU, which means that it's almost certain that we will be rejoining in the not too distant future.
Quote from: JBR on January 04, 2024, 11:42:26 AMYes, that's possible.
And it will ensure he loses the next GE, which may be sooner than he realises.

On the other hand, despite his pleading, it is quite possible that the EU won't want us.  Who would?
They'd have us completely over the barrel.  It would be to their advantage.

Diasi

They'd most certainly want their second biggest contributor back.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

dextrous63

There could be a new Supra-National Anthem based on the tune and variation of lyrics of Hotel California.

Some lines are already in place:

And I was thinkin' to myself
"This could be heaven or this could be hell"

and these hardly need changing at all..

"Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave!"

ansu

As to the immigrants you are partly right, but the problem is no one knows how to solve this problem and some days ago they said on TV that the immigrants are choosing the route via Russia now. 
I am not very familiar with UK politics, but after the Brexit Macron said that you will be sooner as expected knock on our door again - you had special conditions compared to the other EU members and your economy profited. Maybe you remember that before you joined the EU your economy was in a very bad condition. However, as I already said - I wish you good luck! 
In Germany we have enough "own" problems to cope with and our so-called "traffic light" government seems to be overburdened from time to time.

JBR

My ideal would be for the whole of Europe (excluding the Russians and their allies of course) to now pull together.  We have a great deal in common, and especially that most of us do not want a mass invasion of our countries by muslims who, unavoidably, would include undercover terrorists.

I freely admit that I voted to leave the EU, and I would still do so if dragged back in.  On the other hand, if the EU were to reorganise itself to revert to being only a free-trade block without any political influences - the EEC in other words, I'd be very happy to join again.

As I said, we now face a common enemy among us.  Islam.  In fact, from what I hear, some EU countries, including Germany and France, are unfortunate to have even more of the invaders than we in the UK have.
I feel that the best thing we could do is to work together to rid our countries of these people, who come here for all they can get and yet bring nothing of any advantage.

There must be some way to drive them all back across the continent.  We would need to unite against those among us who, for some reason, feel that we owe these illegals the right to come and take everything we have.

Cassandra

JB, too many forces against your suggestion I fear. Woke influences on young people, too well upholstered by wealthy pockets to yet see what their ideological steerings will lead too. The world as we knew it is dead. I watch on now, with what my German relatives call schadenfreude. At my age and relocation they can't hurt me, only usher in faster each day their own latter day 'Sharia' law driven dark futures.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on January 07, 2024, 04:16:22 PMJB, too many forces against your suggestion I fear. Woke influences on young people, too well upholstered by wealthy pockets to yet see what their ideological steerings will lead too. The world as we knew it is dead. I watch on now, with what my German relatives call schadenfreude. At my age and relocation they can't hurt me, only usher in faster each day their own latter day 'Sharia' law driven dark futures.
I'm afraid that you are absolutely correct in your assumptions.
Certainly, the young generations of wokies fail to see the potential dangers of the continuation of increasing numbers of muslim immigrants, both illegal and legal.
Their time will come, of course, as nothing appears to be being done to reduce, let alone stop the invasions.

Cassandra

The party's over
It's time to call it a day
They've burst your pretty balloon
And taken the moon away
It's time to wind up the masquerade
Just make your mind up the piper must be paid

The party's over
The candles flicker and dim
You danced and dreamed through the night
It seemed to be right just being with Rishi, Boris, Truss, May, Cameron and him (Clegg)
Now you must wake up, all dreams must end
Take off your makeup, the party's over
It's all over, my friend

The party's over
It's time to call it a day
Now you must wake up, all dreams must end
Take off your makeup, the party's over
It's all over, my friend
Welcome to Starmergeddon
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

GrannyMac

Sad is the word. I wonder about the future for my grandchildren. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: ansu on January 07, 2024, 02:56:24 PMI am not very familiar with UK politics, but after the Brexit Macron said that you will be sooner as expected knock on our door again - you had special conditions compared to the other EU members and your economy profited. Maybe you remember that before you joined the EU your economy was in a very bad condition. However, as I already said - I wish you good luck!
Our economy certainly did not benefit from our membership of the EU, it's just a myth peddled for consumption by those who don't live in the UK.

We'd already been in the EU for years by the time the UK was dubbed as 'The Poor Man of Europe' which was due, in the main, to Trade Union action.

Thatcher sorted that problem, nothing whatsoever to do with the EU.

Mainly, the only Brits who want to rejoin the EU are those with personal vested interests such as MPs & people who want non-jobs in Brussels or to be able to live in Spain.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on January 08, 2024, 09:40:35 AMOur economy certainly did not benefit from our membership of the EU, it's just a myth peddled for consumption by those who don't live in the UK.

We'd already been in the EU for years by the time the UK was dubbed as 'The Poor Man of Europe' which was due, in the main, to Trade Union action.

Thatcher sorted that problem, nothing whatsoever to do with the EU.

Mainly, the only Brits who want to rejoin the EU are those with personal vested interests such as MPs & people who want non-jobs in Brussels or to be able to live in Spain.
Yes.  This country desperately needs another Thatcher.   She wasn't appreciated by all, for some reason!, but she certainly made the country run properly, and look at it now.

Nigel Farage could be the new Maggie.  I doubt that's going to happen, though.  Too many people seem to like the present 'free for all' situation.

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on January 08, 2024, 11:24:24 AMYes.  This country desperately needs another Thatcher.  She wasn't appreciated by all, for some reason!
Well she was the author of her own misfortune by trying to get everyone to pay for their fair share towards local services via the Community Charge.

Says I, with much sarcasm.
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on January 08, 2024, 01:24:45 PMWell she was the author of her own misfortune by trying to get everyone to pay for their fair share towards local services via the Community Charge.

Says I, with much sarcasm.
To be honest, I'd forgotten about 'Community Charge'.  Please remind me, was that a new name for Council Tax or Rates?
I'm so used to being bombarded by various taxes these days.