Cologne Cathedral

Started by Alex, December 24, 2023, 02:53:59 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Police in Cologne have arrested several Islamists after a plan to attack the cathedral was uncovered.   The religion of peace continues to bring terror to Europe, Christmas is their favourite time of year too it seems.

Source Bild

P.s. I still believe Notre Dame was an arson attack.

klondike

I used to stay in a hotel very close to the Dom back in the days I was working for Ford and on a business trip. Very impressive and a good chunk of what they called the Alt Stadt right near there survived the war which I found surprising.

Years later I was working for a different company and was at some company confrerence or other in Frankfurt. I was amused when one of the blokes I was there with commented on how modern everything was.  I can't recall if anybody explained why but can remember thinking "There's a very good reason for that".

JBR

Quote from: Alex on December 24, 2023, 02:53:59 AMPolice in Cologne have arrested several Islamists after a plan to attack the cathedral was uncovered.  The religion of peace continues to bring terror to Europe, Christmas is their favourite time of year too it seems.

Source Bild

P.s. I still believe Notre Dame was an arson attack.
A sign of things to come.
I'd love to see some mosques suddenly, and for no apparent reason, going up in flames.

I've been to Cologne Cathedral a number of times.  It is a very impressive building.  We bombed it in the war - the north transept was severely damaged (including the organ) but was quickly restored.  The eastern half is mediaeval, but the western half is mostly 19th century in the same style.  The biggest church north of the alps.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

German news reported that security authorities in Austria, Germany and Spain had received a tip-off an Islamist group intended to carry out attacks during Christmas and New Year at other cathedrals including Vienna.  Christmas Eve services are going ahead in Koln, which is good to hear.

JBR

Why on earth can't our government see what they have done and what, as a consequence, is definitely coming?

dextrous63

Is this the start of a new reformation?  It went so well back in the 16th Century.  Wonder which religious order will be wiped out?  I know which one I think I might prefer.

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on December 26, 2023, 11:01:47 AMIs this the start of a new reformation?  It went so well back in the 16th Century.  Wonder which religious order will be wiped out?  I know which one I think I might prefer.
We all know which religious order will take its place.
Not only that, it will eventually take full control of the country (and others).
The writing is on the wall, but thankfully I shall not see it.

Ashy

Quote from: JBR on December 26, 2023, 10:37:24 AMWhy on earth can't our government see what they have done and what, as a consequence, is definitely coming?
I do wonder, when these overpaid politicians were dreaming up multiculturalism, didn't it ever occur to them that the "cultures" they were importing, might either fight each other, or us, or both, at some time? And given that some are more likely to than others, they should have been more careful who they were importing.

1955vintage

We could send Bomber Command over again to sort it out.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

JBR

Quote from: 1955vintage on December 26, 2023, 01:41:15 PMWe could send Bomber Command over again to sort it out.
Well, we did manage to bomb Cologne Cathedral's north transept, though through the good works of God, there was no further damage to the building.

I'm sure the RAF didn't mean to hit the cathedral.  There was no secret possession of any part of the building by the SS and, as far as I know, it had no military value at all.

Unfortunately, we no longer have a Bomber Command, but if we had I think we should send the first wave over Brussels!

Neither do we have much of a Royal Navy now, but what resources we do have I believe should be patrolling the English Channel to destroy as many as possible of those highly dangerous rubber dinghies sent by the enemy.

dextrous63

Wonder what would happen if someone set off a few bombs in the Great mosque of Mecca?

Raven

There would be an uproar, crys of racist against Muslims ect ect.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on December 26, 2023, 05:00:03 PMThere would be an uproar, crys of racist against Muslims ect ect.
Not if it was Iran wot did it!

In fact, I'm not sure who they would actually blame.  Can't blame your very own religion.

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on December 26, 2023, 09:41:45 PMNot if it was Iran wot did it!

In fact, I'm not sure who they would actually blame.  Can't blame your very own religion.
Sunni v Shia??

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on December 26, 2023, 10:09:26 PMSunni v Shia??
Perhaps they are different versions of "the true religion"(!),
but against any non-muslims I'm sure they'd stick together.