Please be aware..

Started by Scrumpy, December 19, 2023, 11:31:27 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Many years ago when the world was young I worked in the lab of a company that made aerials. I got a big discount on TV aerials and together with a bloke who worked in the factory we set up installing the new fangled BBC2 aerials evenings and weekends. It was a nice little earner until one day we discovered from the local paper that the bloke I was putting aerials up with was the infamous Hardingstone Woods flasher. He never returned to work and I never saw him again.

Alex

Did you get his autograph ?

dextrous63

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on December 19, 2023, 06:11:48 PMMany years ago when the world was young I worked in the lab of a company that made aerials. I got a big discount on TV aerials and together with a bloke who worked in the factory we set up installing the new fangled BBC2 aerials evenings and weekends. It was a nice little earner until one day we discovered from the local paper that the bloke I was putting aerials up with was the infamous Hardingstone Woods flasher. He never returned to work and I never saw him again.
He never returned to work and I never saw him again

Does that mean that you never got a second look .. !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 19, 2023, 04:15:42 PMI'm not busy tomorrow so I shall stroll around and see if I come across him..
Must remember to keep my glasses on..
So long as he doesn't come across you.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 20, 2023, 08:48:11 AMHe never returned to work and I never saw him again

Does that mean that you never got a second look .. !!

I never got a first and he just vanished. He was never a mate just somebody I teamed up with to make a few bob working with - he'd got a van with a roof rack and I had some ladders.

We had a few laughs doing the job like having to fix a neighbour's aerial back up in the same lashing wire we were putting an aerial up using because one of us bumped against it and its lashing was rusty as hell and it started falling down. Both of us getting solid black faces with harvest flies up on a roof somewhere.

Seemed normal enough. Squinty eyes though. Squinty eyes  :x2: