Tipping

Started by Scrumpy, December 13, 2023, 12:49:05 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Seems to be dying out..
I tip my paper (woman)a tenner for Christmas.. She delivers three times a week..
I put goodies out for the dustmen during the pandemic..
I used to tip the postie but haven't seen him in a while.. and he often gets the delivery wrong..
I only tip in eateries if the food and service is good.. Not just because it's the thing to do..
I don't like seeing that a tip is included in the bill.. I will decide.. not them..
  I am NOT a scrooge.. On the contrary .. I can be a soft touch..

Do you automatically tip.. ?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

I had my nails done this morning, I tipped a bit more, its Christmas. Depends how I feel, if they do a good job etc
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

GrannyMac... Having your nails done is a good sign.. 
When a doctor was doing the ward rounds he passed by my bed.. He looked at me and said.. 'This lady is feeling a lot better.. she has lipstick on'.

GrannyMac

Definitely!  I'd cancelled twice when I was ill.   Nice and Christmassy dark red.  :x1: :x16:

klondike

I've redone mine too. Ingrained muck and splits from putting in a new CCTV system.

Michael Rolls

when we had a regular postie - great guy and once rescued Veronica after a fall - he got a bottle of malt every Christmas
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

My Mum always gave a tip to the postie, the binmen and the coalman too.  Looking back I don't know how she did it, as my Dad was a brickie and often out of work during the winter months.  I never give the hairdresser one, well parked outside his salon, my old banger looks a bit out of place next to his posh Mercedes sports job  :x7:
I'm not a total tight ar*e though, I always leave a tip in restaurants.   :grin:

Scrumpy

I always tip my hairdresser who has been calling to the house for many years..
I don't know why because , as soon as she walks out of the door, the scissors come out and I'm chopping away at bits..  :grin: :grin:  

klondike

Not a good idea

The self trimming more than the tipping  :x2:

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on December 13, 2023, 10:02:14 PMI've redone mine too. Ingrained muck and splits from putting in a new CCTV system.

😃😃 attractive! 

December 14, 2023, 12:47:05 PM
Quote from: Alex on December 14, 2023, 08:46:44 AMMy Mum always gave a tip to the postie, the binmen and the coalman too.  Looking back I don't know how she did it, as my Dad was a brickie and often out of work during the winter months.  I never give the hairdresser one, well parked outside his salon, my old banger looks a bit out of place next to his posh Mercedes sports job  :x7:
I'm not a total tight ar*e though, I always leave a tip in restaurants.  :grin:
I tip my hairdresser, small business, she keeps her prices low for pensioners, and she's good.