A very, very bad day

Started by Michael Rolls, December 12, 2023, 12:34:45 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Terrible thing to happen. At that age even worse.

Raven

Michael Rolls

thank you - still can't believe it.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

How are you and the family Mike?  Thinking about you.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on December 14, 2023, 03:17:07 AMthank you - still can't believe it.
You, Miguel & Katie will remain in my thoughts so please pass on my condolences to them.

I feel so sad for you all as future Christmases, & birthdays for Katie, will always be overshadowed by Victoria's passing.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Thank you, granny, thank you Phil - Phil, you are so right. At least Veronica died in January
, so by the time Christmas came round, although it was pretty miserable time, at least the first awful shock had abated a bit
[email protected]

ansu

Sad news, I am so sorry, Mike. It's true life can be very unfair sometimes.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Ruthio

Just caught up with this sad sad news, my heart goes out to your family Mike ❤ 

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on December 12, 2023, 01:52:42 PMNo- apart from a couple of fags as a rebellious teenager, never smoked. We had no idea how she contracted it - normally a problem for old age men with mining or farming backgrounds, or in heavily polluted environments.

Mike, I acted many times for ex-miners and other workers who were exposed to contaminants in their work, such as coal, asbestos, paint spraying etc. Many had contracted emphysema, which can be an inherited condition, sometimes only showing up after generations have passed untouched and when such events were perhaps not chronicled. Still, unfortunately a branch of medicine where so little is known. My late wife for example died from small cell carcinoma of the lung, aged 48. She was diagnosed and expired within 66 days. Her father had died from the same, aged 34. He was a career coal miner. She had six siblings all fortunately unaffected to date, now  26 years on ...

A bad time of year for such a pre-cursor to festivity ~ my sincerest consolations dear chap to you and all yours ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

[email protected]