A very, very bad day

Started by Michael Rolls, December 12, 2023, 12:34:45 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

Victoria, my dear step-daughter, died at 0020 this morning from emphysema. She was only 48 and leaves Miguel, her husband, and Katie her daughter who had her thirteenth birthday on Friday. She had been in hospital for four months as they tried to get her fit enough for a lung transplant and a couple of weeks ago she at last seemed to be making some progress, but sadly it was not to be
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

I'm so sorry Michael, that is such sad news.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

GrannyMac

Very sad news Mike, I'm so sorry.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Ashy

Scrumpy

All my love to you Michael. x
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Absolutely dreadful news & I'm so sorry for you, Miguel & Katie.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

thank you, folk -still can't get my head round it - I mean - 48! What bloody age is that?
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on December 12, 2023, 08:49:11 AMthank you, folk -still can't get my head round it - I mean - 48! What bloody age is that?
Life can be so unfair & it exposes the stupid myth about a 'caring God'.

It's made me so angry.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Sheila

That's awful, I am so sorry.

dextrous63

That's terrible Mike.  Way too young.
Was it from smoking?

JBR

Very sorry to hear that, Michael.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

Quote from: dextrous63 on December 12, 2023, 10:32:54 AMThat's terrible Mike.  Way too young.
Was it from smoking?
No- apart from a couple of fags as a rebellious teenager, never smoked. We had no idea how she contracted it - normally a problem for old age men with mining or farming backgrounds, or in heavily polluted environments.
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on December 12, 2023, 01:52:42 PMNo- apart from a couple of fags as a rebellious teenager, never smoked. We had no idea how she contracted it - normally a problem for old age men with mining or farming backgrounds, or in heavily polluted environments.
My elder daughter has an incurable lung disease, can't remember the name but the symptoms are virtually the same as for emphysema.

She's never smoked & they don't know how she contracted it.

I've never smoked & I get breathing problems during the winter, albeit it mild.
[email protected]