Yorkshire pudding or not..?

Started by Scrumpy, December 06, 2023, 09:38:00 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

I serve Yorkshire pudding with my turkey.. Some people insist that it should only be served with Beef.. 
Nah!!  A roast is not a roast without Yorkshire Pudding..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

I agree.  Serve with any roast dinner!!  Mind you, we tend to serve stuffing irrespective of the meat being used.

Alex

Me too, Yorkshire pudding with all roast dinners, but I don't have stuffing with beef.

Raven

Odd one out again  :busted: I don't like either Yorkshire Pudding or Stuffing. Just potatoes and vegetables with any roast I eat.  :embarrassed:

Scrumpy

I am doing a pre-Christmas family dinner on the 17th..
Turkey and Beef.. with Yorkshire Pudding made with beef dripping.. 
I make a stuffing with fresh sausage .. sage and onion.. Even the beef eaters have the stuffing.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

What is important is to be aware of the reason for the 'invention' of the Yorkshire Pudding.

In the mid-18th century, in a part of the impoverished north of England, where people were too poor to afford to buy meat and had to struggle to survive by living off cheaper alternatives, inventive cooks discovered the possible use of left-over fat dripping to produce a batter at the least possible cost and which could provide the necessary food to maintain life.

The History of the Yorkshire Pudding

Of course, today, now that Yorkshire is at least as advanced (and in fact more so) as any other part of the world, even America, and produces the best cricketers in the world (certainly better than America!), we still rejoice in having given the wonderful Yorkshire Pudding recipe to the less-civilised people of the rest of Britain and certainly of America.
We Yorkies should be, and are, proud of our gift to lesser people throughout the world, including America.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

1955vintage

Always have Yorkshire pudding, do a big one with sausages in the middle.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

GrannyMac

We had them with a lamb casserole last night. Love them with any dinner with gravy.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

love Yorkies, whether on the plate or on four paws!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]