What a result..!!

Started by Scrumpy, December 04, 2023, 12:40:10 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Today I hade an ultrasound done on my Liver.. something to do with Enzymes.. and high reading..
Appt at 10.30 .. We got there at 10.00.. I was called in straight away because someone had cancelled..
Liver was Fatty.. something very common.. Nothing sinister.. 
I was back home before my 10.30 appointment.. What a result.. :clap: :yahoo:

The person who gave me the test said half the people in the waiting room had fatty livers..  I have never heard of it..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

good news - congratulations
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Yes, the impression I get is that someone, somewhere has begun to make some improvements in the NHS.
I have recently had an unexpected invitation for a blood test from the GP following a routine eye scan by the Eye Hospital a couple of weeks ago.
I suppose they've begun to realise that they need to pull their fingers out after my official complaint to the Eye Hospital earlier this year when an urgent referral from the optician was completely ignored by them for over ten months!

I suspect that now we are hearing so many complaints about the NHS generally, they have finally realised that if they don't try to make some improvements there may be rioting.
From my own experience though, and I believe that of most people, it is still very difficult to actually see a GP in person.  They seem to rely on either online messaging or appointments with nurses.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

I actually saw a GP today, rang at 8 this morning and waited 20 mins on the phone.  It was at a local GP hub, no appointments at my own, but that was ok. Bronchitis, the chest infection got worse over a week, my breathing is quite bad.  Prescription for steroids and antibiotics, so fingers crossed!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

Hope it takes quick and your feeling better soon. :smiley:

klondike

This year's medicine review has been a phone call from the pharmacist (a day later than they said) followed by an online asthma questionnaire and me taking and posting BP readings into another questionnaire plus booking a blood test with the hospital. No need for my feet to cross the threshold of the holy sanctum.

Sheila

We can't phone our surgery now but have to use PATCHs which closes when full so then it's 111.
I am looking into other surgeries.

Scrumpy

GrannyMac.. I am sure you will begin to feel much better once the medication kicks in.. Keep warm. x

klondike

From what I've seen antibiotics usually do work well with chest infections. Good luck from me too.

FWIW I've never heard of fatty liver either. Hope they can treat that too.

This time of year as we get older we are likely to put more call on the NHS. Let's hope they can cope.

Michael Rolls

hope it clears up quickly, granny
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 04, 2023, 12:40:10 PMToday I hade an ultrasound done on my Liver.. something to do with Enzymes.. and high reading..
Appt at 10.30 .. We got there at 10.00.. I was called in straight away because someone had cancelled..
Liver was Fatty.. something very common.. Nothing sinister..
I was back home before my 10.30 appointment.. What a result.. :clap: :yahoo:

The person who gave me the test said half the people in the waiting room had fatty livers..  I have never heard of it..
Well try not to ask Dr Google.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Cheers folks, at least the weather isn't enticing me to go out!  

I know about fatty livers, my OH has that, its more common than we know.  His is connected to his cholesterol issues.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

1955vintage

Four years since I have seen a GP
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Alex

Quote from: GrannyMac on December 04, 2023, 02:00:04 PMI actually saw a GP today, rang at 8 this morning and waited 20 mins on the phone.  It was at a local GP hub, no appointments at my own, but that was ok. Bronchitis, the chest infection got worse over a week, my breathing is quite bad.  Prescription for steroids and antibiotics, so fingers crossed!

This will work for you,  :upvote: they gave me the same last year only it was a 5 day course, but think I could have done with 7 days.  The steroids and anti biotics together do the trick. :upvote:

Scrumpy

Quote from: GrannyMac on December 04, 2023, 06:14:07 PMCheers folks, at least the weather isn't enticing me to go out! 

I know about fatty livers, my OH has that, its more common than we know.  His is connected to his cholesterol issues. 

Cholesterol issues.... 

When I asked what caused 'fatty liver' she replied that it could be a few things..
Long term medication.. Statins.. Alcohol..
However it was nothing sinister.. I shall see what my doctor says.. If I am called in.
I have been on Statins for a while..