TV Licence Fee

Started by Alex, December 04, 2023, 10:19:22 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

The BBC is planning to raise the TV licence fee, which is at the moment £159, up to £173 from April.
Our illustrious PM could of course put the blockers on this, which would be a good 'pre election' move.

I stopped paying my licence a couple of years ago now and I don't miss watching live TV at all. 

klondike

I'm not fussed with live TV but the main reason I stopped my licence was I object to paying the woke leftie BBC anything at all. I read the Dr. Who has discovered that Sir Isaac Newton was black.

https://twitter.com/KonstantinKisin/status/1731249160198721874

I'm guessing we won't be seeing these any time soon....

Raven

Thinking of not renewing ours, I am annoyed as hell at the rise. What's the rule on recorded stuff being watched a few days later? It's not live then.

klondike

You aren't allowed to record it. You can of course download it but not using iPlayer.

Raven

klondike

The emporium stocks most TV series - https://letschat.club/index.php?topic=664.0

I don't actually run the torrents myself as there is an outside chance that this could bring trouble. Zoony took to using a VPN. I just get a website to run them for me instead for a modest subscription. Usually they have already been run and stored so you get an instant download. Another benefit is no downloads ever contain adverts.

Raven

I did have a look at that a while back but ran into problems with it. Can't remember what they were now, I need to get my daughter to check it and set it next time she's here.

Alex

I did try Zoony's site but I'm worried about viruses, I don't have a VPN

GrannyMac

We'll keep paying.  Not savvy enough plus we both have mainstream programmes we like.  It's not much per day, around 50p.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on December 04, 2023, 11:59:37 AMWe'll keep paying.  Not savvy enough plus we both have mainstream programmes we like.  It's not much per day, around 50p.
That's true.
However, I will never pay the BBC simply because of their overt anti-British bias.
Every day I read comments on Facebook and elsewhere from people who have said the same.  Fewer and fewer people are paying for a TV licence and, assuming that this continues, the BBC will be obliged to begin showing adverts.  Even then, their overpaid people will find themselves taking pay cuts, or the sack!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Raven

Quote from: Alex on December 04, 2023, 11:51:32 AMI did try Zoony's site but I'm worried about viruses, I don't have a VPN

I don't either, it's mostly audio books I download and never had any issues. I used to use a site for films/tv download but it vanished. You had to be invited to join it was not open to the world and his wife. My daughter sent me an invite, she was invited by one of her friends. It was so easy to use and never had any virus or other troubles, I used it for a couple of years, then one day it was gone.  :boo:

Demoniod, yes that was it's name. DEMONOID.  :yay:

December 04, 2023, 12:21:49 PM
Quote from: JBR on December 04, 2023, 12:18:36 PMThat's true.
However, I will never pay the BBC simply because of their overt anti-British bias.
Every day I read comments on Facebook and elsewhere from people who have said the same.  Fewer and fewer people are paying for a TV licence and, assuming that this continues, the BBC will be obliged to begin showing adverts.  Even then, their overpaid people will find themselves taking pay cuts, or the sack!

Even with a pay cut their people will still be on a lot higher wage than most people.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on December 04, 2023, 12:19:40 PMDecember 04, 2023, 12:21:49 PM
Even with a pay cut their people will still be on a lot higher wage than most people.
Indeed they will.  However, if things continue the way they are, the BBC is going to have to make cuts, especially to the grasping nobodies like Lineker the 'football expert'!  🤣
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

1955vintage

Saw a trailer for the new version of Five go on adventures, the Enid Blyton books.

Not only is one of the five now black , so is Auntie Fanny.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Michael Rolls

for pity's bloody sake! Is there no end to this rubbish?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: 1955vintage on December 04, 2023, 04:03:58 PMSaw a trailer for the new version of Five go on adventures, the Enid Blyton books.

Not only is one of the five now black , so is Auntie Fanny.
Nothing wrong with a black Fanny.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]