I'm a Celebrity

Started by Alex, November 29, 2023, 11:05:15 AM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: klondike on December 11, 2023, 09:42:56 PMClue  - Alex so football related.
I see.  Thank you.  That makes it all perfectly clear!  🤣
So 'toffee' is something to do with football?
Footballers are always chewing toffee?  I'd have thought chewing gum.
Some football club somewhere is named 'The Toffees'?

Am I getting any closer?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Alex

Everton mints I think you can still buy.  There was an old woman with a sweet shop next to their ground, she used to sell toffee to the supporters going to the match, I believe that's where it came from.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on December 11, 2023, 10:25:50 PMAlex is close to them no idea if you are.

https://www.google.com/search?q=football+toffee
Ah, now I see.  A football club in Liverpool is called 'The Toffees' because the area had some toffee shops.

What an original and well thought out name for a football club.  🙄

Well, thanks for letting me know, Klon.  I'm now going to go around all my mates, relatives and, of course, the wife, and explain it to them as well!

Alex

Quote from: JBR on December 12, 2023, 10:41:40 AMAh, now I see.  A football club in Liverpool is called 'The Toffees' because the area had some toffee shops.

What an original and well thought out name for a football club.  🙄

Well, thanks for letting me know, Klon.  I'm now going to go around all my mates, relatives and, of course, the wife, and explain it to them as well!

I'm sure your mates and relatives will be thrilled! You may even give them the winning answer in the pub quiz.  Would you be interested in some more nicknames ? :santa:

JBR

Quote from: Alex on December 12, 2023, 11:00:16 AMI'm sure your mates and relatives will be thrilled! You may even give them the winning answer in the pub quiz.  Would you be interested in some more nicknames ? :santa:
Certainly, yes, but not football clubs please.
Football is boring yet, for some reason, they pay their players a fortune for prancing about on the field and periodically falling to the ground clutching their knee.  No sooner has a penalty been awarded, they immediately leap up and run around completely 'cured'.
I'd like to see any football team put up against a rugby league team with no holds barred!

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Well I'll carry on posting my infrequent football comments  🤓 even though they're discounted by everyone on here, apart from Cass   :x7:  :x3:

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on December 12, 2023, 11:11:08 AMCertainly, yes, but not football clubs please.
Football is boring yet, for some reason, they pay their players a fortune for prancing about on the field and periodically falling to the ground clutching their knee.  No sooner has a penalty been awarded, they immediately leap up and run around completely 'cured'.
I'd like to see any football team put up against a rugby league team with no holds barred!
I've often thought I'd like to see F1 celebrity driven cars pitted against F1 Brisca cars in a full contact race.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on December 14, 2023, 08:37:08 AMWell I'll carry on posting my infrequent football comments  🤓 even though they're discounted by everyone on here, apart from Cass  :x7:  :x3:
Does no one else like football?  I hadn't realised Alex.  The local forum I was involved in (for a long time) was full of it.  Wednesday and Blades slagging each other off mainly! 😄

You should post interesting bits, although OH and our son aren't big fans, they take an interest in major matches and international games.  Scotland :scot: V :engl: England has always been something to watch, usually so they can gloat. 😒
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Sam played golf and enjoyed watching it on the TV..
He also enjoyed watching the horse racing when it was on..
 Every time he watched it and the winner declared he would say.. 
' I was going to put a bet on that one'.. Shoulda woulda coulda..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

I don't like watching sport, only the high diving if the Olympics are going on. Even then I don't set out to watch, if I come across it while channel surfing I'll watch then.

klondike

Never keen on watching any sport. Have watched snooker and tennis but golf? I'd rather watch tiddley winks.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on December 14, 2023, 08:37:08 AMWell I'll carry on posting my infrequent football comments  🤓 even though they're discounted by everyone on here, apart from Cass  :x7:  :x3:
Sorry Alex.  I'd be happy to discuss cricket with you!

Scrumpy

I like to watch Surfing.. The way they stay upright on a board is incredible..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..