I'm a Celebrity

Started by Alex, November 29, 2023, 11:05:15 AM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Sheila

I wanted Tony to win.  He came over as a tough guy but is a daft as a brush, funny gentleman.

GrannyMac

Out of the last two, I agree Sheila.  He was so patient with the childlike Sam.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Apparently the winner also appeared on a show about Chelsea, can't remember the title & don't really want or need to know.

However, the worrying thing about him winning is the fact that many of those who voted for him will also be voting in political elections. 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Now that this 'Celebrity' nonsense (celebrities?  I've never heard of most of them!) is finished and Nigel is free to come home, there has been a lot of discussion about the future politically on GB News.

They are suggesting the possibility of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage uniting to take over the lead of the Conservative party.
I can see several possible problems should that happen. 

Firstly, the Conservatives, after all these years of being nothing more than wishy-washy and having achieved nothing at all, are not seeing much public support if any.
If those two did unite to try to resurrect the party, which of them would be the leader?
And finally, is it more probable that Nigel would join Reform rather than the Conservatives?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on December 11, 2023, 11:22:45 AMNow that this 'Celebrity' nonsense (celebrities?  I've never heard of most of them!) is finished and Nigel is free to come home, there has been a lot of discussion about the future politically on GB News.

They are suggesting the possibility of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage uniting to take over the lead of the Conservative party.
I can see several possible problems should that happen.

Firstly, the Conservatives, after all these years of being nothing more than wishy-washy and having achieved nothing at all, are not seeing much public support if any.
If those two did unite to try to resurrect the party, which of them would be the leader?
And finally, is it more probable that Nigel would join Reform rather than the Conservatives?
I think that a lot of Reform members, me included, have faced up to the fact that we're not going to be in a position of any influence so a vote for Reform will be a vote to make my conscience feel good.

I suspect that Nigel would, with Boris & the Conservatives, as he'll feel that's where he needs to be in order to make any impact on the future of the UK.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

After Boris remarried he became far too much of a green LibDem to get my support.

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on December 11, 2023, 11:30:42 AMI think that a lot of Reform members, me included, have faced up to the fact that we're not going to be in a position of any influence so a vote for Reform will be a vote to make my conscience feel good.

I suspect that Nigel would Boris & the Conservatives as he'll feel that's where he needs to be in order to make any impact on the future of the UK.
Yes, I can understand that view and, of course, Reform is a new party which has never featured in Westminster.
I think it is more than just conscience, though.
We now have two main parties: the Lib-Cons who are perhaps more Liberals than Conservative, and Labour who although have not been in government for a long time made clear their intentions when they were.
I honestly see no benefit in voting for either.

Consequently, many of us simply say that we will not bother to vote next time because there is no-one worth voting for.  The consequence of that would be the only people voting would be the 'red wall'.  So not voting would be, in effect, a vote for Labour.

The other option is to vote Conservative.  The problem is that they have done nothing positive for the country for thirteen years, under five PMs.  Is there any sign of them doing any different now, just as we approach another GE?

This is why I shall vote for Reform.  It is a definite possibility that a new centre-right party might make improvements, certainly regarding the illegal invasion problems we are seeing.

Alex

I don't think Nigel and Boris could, or even want to work together, so that's a no go. :grin:
Nigel is already the President of Reform, but if he took on the leader's role perhaps they'd get more votes  ?

Scrumpy

I watched the Cyclone task where they have to battle the water .. 
I also watched the very last episode.. just to see how Nigel would get on..
 I think Sam was delightful.. and so was his friend Tony.. 
Nigel seems to be very reserved.. very little body contact with others.. However he does have a genuine smile.. He also seems to be well respected.. Maybe he is a more powerful man than I once thought..
 I just wish he would  'do something' as far as politics are concerned.. He seems to sit on the fence.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

He managed to get us out of the EU without ever having a seat in parliament. He destroyed the Tories in the 2019 EU election.

I don't think you can justifiably say he's done nothing nor accuse him of sitting on any fences,

In the UK the electoral system excludes small/new parties and keeps us on the 2 party roundabout we have had all of my lifetime. A crushing defeat for the Tories at the next election followed by the dismal failure a Labour government is virtually guaranteed to be may change the political landscape. That is when Farage may stand a chance. Right now he wouldn't be pissing into the wind he'd be pissing into a hurricane.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on December 11, 2023, 02:07:24 PMA crushing defeat for the Tories at the next election followed by the dismal failure a Labour government is virtually guaranteed to be may change the political landscape.
Admittedly, that is the most likely outcome of the next general election.

In our two-party-politics system of government, it is almost definitely assured.  We haven't had a government other than them for over a hundred years.

There are two possibilities for the future: either a continued flip between Labour and Conservative (probably Lib-Con as is the case now), or a new party like Reform.  If the former, the country will continue to sink just as it has been doing throughout the 21st century.  If the latter, we may have a fighting chance.

As always, the future is in our hands!

Alex

The winner Sam was an absolute pain in the arse !  he was very childlike and just annoying, but it was obvious he was going to win.   I'd have preferred Tony to win it, apart from being a Toffee, he's a genuine nice fella.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on December 11, 2023, 08:30:28 PMThe winner Sam was an absolute pain in the arse !  he was very childlike and just annoying, but it was obvious he was going to win.  I'd have preferred Tony to win it, apart from being a Toffee, he's a genuine nice fella.
What's a 'toffee'?   :hmm:

klondike

Clue  - Alex so football related.