Israeli Spies ?

Started by Alex, November 26, 2023, 01:43:06 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Two men accused of spying for Israel were executed in the West Bank, with their bodies dragged through alleys before being hung from a pylon by a cheering mob.

This is the difference, this is why these people will never integrate with the West no matter how many land on our beaches..  If this was in Israel the two  ' spies' would be put on trial and jailed.   Although capital punishment is still a penalty in Israel, it's only been used once since 1948.  ASAIK this was Adolf Eichmann.

Raven

Their so steeped in their ancient barbaric ways. You'd think they'd want to move on, not stay still and be hated by the civilised world.  [1090] 

klondike

There are are a lot following a religion that kicked off before the Vikings came to Europe. Much of Europe still follows a religion older than that while the Jews have one older still. Imo the world would be a far better place if all these ancient fairy tales were looked on in the same way we view those collected by the brothers Grimm. 

Raven

Grimm, ahh my favourite programme  :smiley: But yes that would certainly be for the best.

Scrumpy

Thank goodness we stopped dunking our (witches)..
Someone only had to say ' she's a witch ' and that was the end for them..
If they drowned they were truly a witch if they didn't drown they were saved because of witchcraft.. So they were put to death.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Raven on November 26, 2023, 02:34:51 PMTheir so steeped in their ancient barbaric ways. You'd think they'd want to move on, not stay still and be hated by the civilised world.  [1090] 
No - they don't care about what they see as the 'civilised' world, just what they see as teh 'decadent' world
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: klondike on November 26, 2023, 03:18:10 PMThere are are a lot following a religion that kicked off before the Vikings came to Europe. Much of Europe still follows a religion older than that while the Jews have one older still. Imo the world would be a far better place if all these ancient fairy tales were looked on in the same way we view those collected by the brothers Grimm.
Well, I'm doing my bit.
If anyone asks, I always advise them of all the advantages of atheism...
even if they don't ask.

I believe that eventually the entire civilised world will all be atheists.

Except, of course, for the muslim empire who are well beyond saving.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

ansu

People always believed in some kind of god, so I think there will always exist some kind of religion. Someone said that god will always listen to you = if you talk about your problems to an imaginary god/person they are no longer as big as before. 
In the Middle Age people had a very hard life, so believing in god and a better life after death helped them to endure the hardship. And if you think of the virgins awaiting you after having died as a martyr as the Coran proposes there seem to be some parallels.
However, I think that the churches have to be reformed - much is too old-fashioned and can no longer be maintained after the exploration of the space. 

JBR

Quote from: ansu on November 28, 2023, 05:53:19 PMPeople always believed in some kind of god, so I think there will always exist some kind of religion. Someone said that god will always listen to you = if you talk about your problems to an imaginary god/person they are no longer as big as before.
In the Middle Age people had a very hard life, so believing in god and a better life after death helped them to endure the hardship. And if you think of the virgins awaiting you after having died as a martyr as the Coran proposes there seem to be some parallels.
However, I think that the churches have to be reformed - much is too old-fashioned and can no longer be maintained after the exploration of the space.
I certainly agree with the values of religion in those days.
However, things are different today.  I think that most people would like some sort of proof rather than simply following the official religious lines.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

If there was any proof it wouldn't be called a faith. It would be called science. Most modern Christians apart from the fundamentalists reject the obvious fairy tales but stick to the idea of a god.

Raven

Afraid I'm in the proof camp. I just can't make myself believe there is some being watching over us, especially with all the horrors going on the world these days.  [2010]