Tommy Robinson

Started by Alex, November 27, 2023, 03:48:39 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Love him or hate him Tommy Robinson has got a point this time.   He was in a cafe yesterday having breakfast before joining the Anti Semitism rally in London.   The police came in to the cafe and told him to leave, the reasons given were that he would cause fear and distress to people around him.

The next clip I saw was in the street where the police had arrested him and sprayed pepper in his face for resisting arrest, this must have been painful for him because his hands were cuffed at the time.

Apparently he was still in custody this morning and has been charged with failing to comply with a section 35 direction excluding a person from an area.   I had no idea you needed to be invited to take part in a march.

I can only wonder how pro palestine marchers can get away with calling out Jihadi and death to the Jews without being arrested. :wtf:   

https://twitter.com/i/status/1728845518401630530

Scrumpy

I am not sure who he is.. Wasn't he arrested at some point.?   Perhaps it is one of the conditions he has to adhere to..
Pepper in his face while hands behind his back must me damned painful..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

They've released him now, he's banned from entering London until January when he will appear in court.   He's just said he knows that there won't be a jury in January, just a judge.  Perhaps it's not important enough to warrant a jury trial  ? I hope Cass can explain why this is.

He's a gobby so and so but I really feel sorry for him now.

GrannyMac

I think there are two issues.  He should be allowed the same freedoms as other protestors. He shouldn't have resisted arrest, he knew what would happen, he's been there before.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Quote from: GrannyMac on November 27, 2023, 04:37:22 PMI think there are two issues.  He should be allowed the same freedoms as other protestors. He shouldn't have resisted arrest, he knew what would happen, he's been there before.

I think he wanted to know why he was being arrested, there were a dozen policemen surrounding him.

JBR

As I see it, this points to one thing: the Met police are afraid of large groups but are brave enough to arrest a single bloke.
I think that says a lot about the police service today.

Would you trust them?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on November 27, 2023, 04:10:19 PMThey've released him now, he's banned from entering London until January when he will appear in court.  He's just said he knows that there won't be a jury in January, just a judge.  Perhaps it's not important enough to warrant a jury trial  ? I hope Cass can explain why this is.

He's a gobby so and so but I really feel sorry for him now.

Under exclusions to section 35, one is that a ban to an area cannot last beyond 48 hours, so quite how he's set aside for such a long period to not enter "London" (definition too wide) I don't understand.

What was the wording of the arrest? Did he resist same, pepper and banding are extreme restraints.

He has the right to elect for a trial by jury - and the Police may withdraw the intended prosecution if he did and the expenses to the loser are considerably more. The 'DPP' has a tatterdemalion budget anyway, which they like to reserve for Prosecutions that shamefully suit their Leftist Political profile.

I think when Robinson remarked "he knew that there won't be a jury in January, just a judge" he was referring to the 'Crown's Preference', over his 'perceived' selectional alternative to a Jury. The Police could object that 'Jury Tampering' might take place? To me that would appear a feckless attempt to try and get their boy in front of 'Wet one' to hear the case? So by stating it, he's perhaps 'voided' that route of trial (Judge only). In reality this case is anyway a minor matter, similar to a 'midships' motoring offence. The Juvenile's who now run the Met have once again mishandled the overrun here I would suggest and with knobs on!

Just consider the out of control vandals who tore down the Statue of 'Colston' in Bristol, who 'got off' and had elected for trial by Jury.

Old Bill is on a a very tenuous footing altogether here I would think and on Saturday just shackled Robinson to get rid of him, because they could. The 'Wokeness' of Plod is shameful just now and the Met (under special conditions presently anyway) needs a crackling shake-down.

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Excellent.  Thank you Cassandra.

Of all the things which seem to be going down the drain now in this country, the possibility of police corruption is the most worrying.  Tommy Robinson is one example; I wonder how many more there will be.

I sincerely hope that the press keep an eye on this matter as I would like to see exactly what happens.
What does happen to Tommy could conceivably happen to any of us.

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on November 27, 2023, 07:05:16 PMExcellent.  Thank you Cassandra.

Of all the things which seem to be going down the drain now in this country, the possibility of police corruption is the most worrying.  Tommy Robinson is one example; I wonder how many more there will be.

I sincerely hope that the press keep an eye on this matter as I would like to see exactly what happens.
What does happen to Tommy could conceivably happen to any of us.

Indeed, I was 'arrested' in 2020 during a Covid lockdown. A Patrol car stopped me in an unnecessarily aggressive manner as if I were a criminal off an episode of 'The Sweeney" and asked why I was out driving and for what purpose. "I want to buy Potatoes from a place that will store them in my boot for me as I'm a paraplegic." "Buy less and get them from Asda" I was told. When I pointed out that the legislative instrument he intended to prosecute under was merely 'guidelines and not a Statute Instrument' I was told to "shut my gob and **** (expletive deleted) off, or I'd be very sorry". I told them I intended to proceed 6 miles to the place of purchase, a farm, where I would have no close contact and had paid them by bank transfer in advance. They then arrested me, empty pockets etc etc. When we got to the station and had been processed I was asked if I needed to contact a solicitor, prior to questioning. "Seeing as I'm a QC and also a retired Circuit Judge, I think I'll take my own advice", I responded.

I was asked to wait whilst they decided where I was being transferred to. After such childish shenanigans as I've ever experienced in my full term of a legal career the Superintendent came in from home to see me. He was young and very patronising, so I said I'd see him in court and would now apply for bail. After a lot of hushed and periodically stressed whispering, they then de-arrested me. But to his amazement I told him I'd still sue for wrongful arrest, which left him almost speechless. "But why we're letting you go" - he offered. "Yes and that's the point I should never have been here, if you knew your job and educated the rude and filthy mouthed man who tried to rough me up properly, not the crass ideology you seemingly base your decisions upon", we'd none of us be stood here. I then showed him. the small tape recorder I'd had running throughout everything. playing back the invective spangled piece to great effect.

I left him blathering away and just said "Strong Case you'll see". Eventually the day before the appearance they offered a sum to desist. I took them literally to the waiting benches, cheerfully thanking all the orderlies etc who were all coming up to wish me luck etc. Even my dear past lady assistant came along, piercing the Police with gimlet eyes!

The amount even though I say it myself was considerable. I got the Cheque (which they didn't want to issue as digital bank credits are not so transparent) back from my bankers and had it Silver framed and presented it to the Chief Constable along with my cheque for a similar amount made payable to 'COPS', the Charity that supports the families of Police Officers killed on duty.

I later sailed for the USA.

Alex

What a great story, I'd love to have seen their faces when you said you were a retired judge  :clap:

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on November 27, 2023, 08:13:47 PMIndeed, I was 'arrested' in 2020 during a Covid lockdown. A Patrol car stopped me in an unnecessarily aggressive manner as if I were a criminal off an episode of 'The Sweeney" and asked why I was out driving and for what purpose. "I want to buy Potatoes from a place that will store them in my boot for me as I'm a paraplegic." "Buy less and get them from Asda" I was told. When I pointed out that the legislative instrument he intended to prosecute under was merely 'guidelines and not a Statute Instrument' I was told to "shut my gob and **** (expletive deleted) off, or I'd be very sorry". I told them I intended to proceed 6 miles to the place of purchase, a farm, where I would have no close contact and had paid them by bank transfer in advance. They then arrested me, empty pockets etc etc. When we got to the station and had been processed I was asked if I needed to contact a solicitor, prior to questioning. "Seeing as I'm a QC and also a retired Circuit Judge, I think I'll take my own advice", I responded.

I was asked to wait whilst they decided where I was being transferred to. After such childish shenanigans as I've ever experienced in my full term of a legal career the Superintendent came in from home to see me. He was young and very patronising, so I said I'd see him in court and would now apply for bail. After a lot of hushed and periodically stressed whispering, they then de-arrested me. But to his amazement I told him I'd still sue for wrongful arrest, which left him almost speechless. "But why we're letting you go" - he offered. "Yes and that's the point I should never have been here, if you knew your job and educated the rude and filthy mouthed man who tried to rough me up properly, not the crass ideology you seemingly base your decisions upon", we'd none of us be stood here. I then showed him. the small tape recorder I'd had running throughout everything. playing back the invective spangled piece to great effect.

I left him blathering away and just said "Strong Case you'll see". Eventually the day before the appearance they offered a sum to desist. I took them literally to the waiting benches, cheerfully thanking all the orderlies etc who were all coming up to wish me luck etc. Even my dear past lady assistant came along, piercing the Police with gimlet eyes!

The amount even though I say it myself was considerable. I got the Cheque (which they didn't want to issue as digital bank credits are not so transparent) back from my bankers and had it Silver framed and presented it to the Chief Constable along with my cheque for a similar amount made payable to 'COPS', the Charity that supports the families of Police Officers killed on duty.

I later sailed for the USA.
Excellent!  Absolutely excellent!
How I wish I'd been there to see all of that.
Hopefully, that might have taught them a lesson, though I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of thing still goes on.

I'm sure that you did the right thing to go to America.  I just wish that I was in a position to do the same.

Michael Rolls

how I would love to have seen all that!  :upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:  :upvote:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

JBR

I decided to read through that once again this morning.

I have not seen such an uplifting event before, even on the telly.

Good for you, Cass, for putting them in their place.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Cassandra

Thank you, I was in my little Smart Car at the time and I'm sure they thought 'easy nick, old bozo in a pedal car'. In fact the 2nd copper, also with a gargantuan brain commented. "It must be a small sack of Potatoes to fit in there". His face when I played back the tape was fascinating and he went red in complexion to match his hair. After this epistle, at the time I said "thank you", but he didn't realise until play-back time why I said it.

Funnily enough this was also the day my cousin had emailed me the property details I'm now sending this message from.