Dislike.

Started by Raven, November 13, 2023, 10:07:45 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

People who keep taking thousands out of my bank account.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 14, 2023, 04:39:25 PMPeople who keep taking thousands out of my bank account.
HMRC!!!

Unfortunately I don't have enough cash to avoid paying tax.

Scrumpy

I get phone calls telling me that someone has taken money out of my account.. Thousands.. Good luck to them.. I wish I could..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on November 14, 2023, 04:14:08 PMI googled it JB.  It's people who accost you to ask you to sign up for charitable donations.
Thank you.
A good charity wouldn't need to try to persuade people.

A typical example: RNLI - an organisation I would never give to, for obvious reasons.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

True chuggers represent companies that get people to sign up for a DD most of which for quite a while goes to the company not the charity. They won't take a one of donation.

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on November 14, 2023, 10:28:18 PMA typical example: RNLI - an organisation I would never give to, for obvious reasons.
I agree.  It's an absolute disgrace that the generosity of donors and the kindness and bravery of volunteers is being abused in the way that it is, with a complete failure of our politicians to do something about it.

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on November 14, 2023, 11:28:16 PMI agree.  It's an absolute disgrace that the generosity of donors and the kindness and bravery of volunteers is being abused in the way that it is, with a complete failure of our politicians to do something about it.
Unfortunately, our politicians today don't to much about anything.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire