M&S Christmas ad..

Started by Scrumpy, November 04, 2023, 01:53:54 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

M&S have withdrawn their Christmas ad... They had many complaints after it showed RED, GREEN and SILVER hats being burned on a fire.. People said it resembled the Palestine flag.. Here we go again.. Bloody protesters..
Mind you.. It was a bloody stupid ad showing Christmas cards being set alight by a
blow torch.. That, to me, indicates (CHRIST)MAS being destroyed..
Whoever thought up this stupid ad... should get the (hurry up)..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

The ad was filmed in July, well before there was a hint of anything kicking off in the ME.

Scrumpy

Yes.. I saw that..
However , it is a very strange ad.. All that burning.. Not amusing.. Especially where young children are concerned.. They will think flame throwing is good fun..because M&S do it.. Someone has lost the plot somewhere.. :boo:

Christmas ads should be about Christmas.. Santa.. The nativity...
 Oxford Street stopped doing Christmas ( religious) themes ages ago.. should they offend the minority.. :boo:
My friend is Italian .. Complaints in her town over nativity scene outside he church.. That was a while back..  :boo:

dextrous63

Well, M&S has deffo caught much attention.  Fancy an ad doing that?😉

Alex

Awful ad and the poor elf got a kicking  :smiley:
I had to look twice at the Lidl advert, not a black face in sight, apart from the dog  :smiley:

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 04, 2023, 04:49:03 PMChristmas ads should be about Christmas.. Santa.. The nativity...

Oh no.  I don't believe in Santa or the nativity.

Christmas is about lots of lovely food and booze, and slouching about watching the telly while Marge makes it.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

:grin: :grin: :grin:  JBR... Absolutely right.. Don't forget the presents..  :clap:

I just think there is an underlying message there somewhere concerning the M&S ad.. Burning stuff.. !!!  What's that all about.!!

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 05, 2023, 09:12:11 AM:grin: :grin: :grin:  JBR... Absolutely right.. Don't forget the presents..  :clap:

I just think there is an underlying message there somewhere concerning the M&S ad.. Burning stuff.. !!!  What's that all about.!!
Presents?
We live in Yorkshire (actually a small enclave of it in Cheshire which extends around our house), so we don't believe in presents.
Saves lots of money, you know.

dextrous63

Ah, the Gatley Strip eh?  You proclaiming an independent state eh?

Cassandra

Unadulterated Millenial created Woke crap! Their shareholders should wonder what sort of idiots are running the company to waste huge sums on this trivia!

Made in August way before the Palestine Elephant reached the room ~ yet still these sad fools apologise for having the colours of a fire burning in a grate - because they also feature on their National flag. Ye gods, what a fancifully sick world!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on November 05, 2023, 05:15:04 PMAh, the Gatley Strip eh?  You proclaiming an independent state eh?
Not exactly.  More a declared independent area of a foreign county which is aligned to God's County.